Infantry Battalions and Tattoo Policy
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Infantry Battalions and Tattoo Policy

Hello Marines,

I know the tattoo policy right now is anything not seen in pt gear can be as large as you want as long as it doesn't show in pt gear and it isn't obscene,as far as tattoos that show in pt gear they must be 2 inches above the wrist break,each visible piece must be covered by the full outline of your hand, and must not connect to another visible/non visible tattoo.

Well my main question is concerning Infantry Battalions and the tattoo policy,I've been told that alot of grunts don't follow the tattoo policy and still get half and full sleeve tattoos and alot of Infantry Battalions look the other way or give a slap on the wrist for punishment{a page 11}for out of reg sleeve tattoos.Could any active duty 03XX Marines confirm this?

Also thanks for your service Marines

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cleancut24 View Post
    Hello Marines,

I know the tattoo policy right now is anything not seen in pt gear can be as large as you want as long as it doesn't show in pt gear and it isn't obscene,as far as tattoos that show in pt gear they must be 2 inches above the wrist break,each visible piece must be covered by the full outline of your hand, and must not connect to another visible/non visible tattoo.

Well my main question is concerning Infantry Battalions and the tattoo policy,I've been told that alot of grunts don't follow the tattoo policy and still get half and full sleeve tattoos and alot of Infantry Battalions look the other way or give a slap on the wrist for punishment{a page 11}for out of reg sleeve tattoos.Could any active duty 03XX Marines confirm this?

Also thanks for your service Marines
    Out of curiosity, why do you wish to know this information?

Regulations don't discriminate based on MOS. That being said, while a specific grunt battalion CO may look the other way, don't bet on all of them doing so. Likewise, don't expect MEPS to look the other way... period.

Here's a bit of unsolicited advice: you won't go far picking and choosing which orders you will obey and which you won't.

Most infantry battalions don't give a damn about tattoo's, they've got better things to worry about. Most people in my company have sleeves.

Credits
    Savings
    I have sleeves. But i was in before the change. And they dont just lok the other way. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe right now (well in the past few years , 10) that maybe they have more important things to deal with and worry about. Dont be another boot ass mf'r getting sleeves because he hopes or thinks his unit will look the other way. what happens when you go to another unit and check in and they realize your a boot ass Marine and the first thing there gonna do is put you under the microscope.

I was told during bootcamp and MOS school that if your goal is to ever become an officer, do NOT get any tattoos. Period.

I know I won't be getting any tattoos while I'm a Marine. Maybe after my enlistment I might get a tiny EGA tattoo on my chest but I highly doubt it.

What would you do if your daughter brought this guy home?

I love him, daddy... he's just mis-understood!

What would you do if your daughter brought this guy home?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT RED View Post

Oh ya,lol,Semper Fidelis.

I would wait at least till I get to the fleet to get a tattoo. Especially seeing as you will be in the **** for months on end last thing you need is a fresh tattoo in an environment where you don't be to shave for days on end you don't get proper facilities to go to the bathroom. Heck you can still wash out sometime between boot and the fleet anyway you haven't made it yet. My drill instructors were sure to remind me every day of that.

Wait until youre done with boot and ITB. Feild washing isnt a good way to keep a fresh tat clean. if you become a Marine and a grunt youll be doing it and you can get dropped in training for just a little infection.

from td 28 right back to 1

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Marines for answering my questions.

My questions are geared towards once you become a Marine, and after you graduate Infantry Training Battalion {SOI}, and you hit the fleet.

The reason I asked this question is my cousin is a 0331 with 1/5, and when his battalion came back to Pendleton from Afghanistan a few months ago he got a fully connecting upper arm half sleeve,also quite a few of his fellow Marines got half sleeves ,and some even got fully connecting full sleeves and apparently no one really got in trouble for their tattoos.I'm assuming because 1/5 had a pretty violent deployment in Afghanistan {Sangin} the command let it slide?

Also my cousin isn't gonna reenlist once his 4 year contract is over.

Once again thank you Marines for answering my questions and thank you for your service past,and present.

They may not get NJP over it bt they may not be allowed to re-enlist. You can always try and test and say well someone else did it so I did the same and find out what happens.

At the moment the Corps is looking to cut a minimum of 5,000 Marines over and above what they normally do, per year.

Now, when it comes time to reenlist, (which has to be approved by the command, HQMC, etc etc), and it comes down to looking for Marines to say 'Sorry, you didn't make the cut', for WHATever reason.....

Might you suppose that that VIOLATION OF MARINE CORPS ORDERS on your arm may just, possibly, perhaps, play a factor in your reenlistment packet being denied for some unknown reason?

Sure, everyone winked and nodded when you got it. Sure, even the BN CO said HE though it was 'badazz'. Sure, the 1stSgt said he wished HE had one....

And there YOU will be, doing the seabag drag, right out the gate, wondering what the heck happened.

But, hey, at least you have your 'sleeve' to show all the people at the VFW bar.

Credits
    Savings
    Hahaha, thats great! My sleeves kept me from recruiting and possibly drill instructor

Thread Information