Marine Corps Security Force
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Marine Corps Security Force

Just Finish BSG (Basic Security Guard) school so all you guys going into the Security Force field ask away

Congrats! Do you know where you're headed to? LOL how was the OC Spray?

What would you say is the " job decription". Like what would a typical day as a Security Forces guard consist of. I have also been told that if you enlist in Security Forces, after the first two years, you go to normal infantry. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner614 View Post
    What would you say is the " job decription". Like what would a typical day as a Security Forces guard consist of. I have also been told that if you enlist in Security Forces, after the first two years, you go to normal infantry. Is that true?
    Depends on the unit you go to. As any Marine can tell you, there is no such thing as a "typical day".

And yeah, generally when you sign up under the Security Forces contract, it's two years in Security Forces, three years in the fleet.

well you don't get OC at BSG you do get it when you do Non-lethal training(riot control and all that fun stuff). and I just got to My FAST unit. Plt Sgt said in a about 2-3 months we'll be doing that. I'm really not looking foreword to it at all. I've seen what it can do and it doesn't look fun at all.

Gunner there are different commands in the Security Force field. Like PRP, FAST, and going over to Camp David and doing Presidential duty, so it all depends. But this thread was really just intended for what happens at the Basic school before you go out to where ever they send you to.

OC FREAKIN SUCKS!!!

we get OC'ed at Mp school,god i would rather get shot in the foot than get sprayed in the face with OC again.

i've heard SF is likened to "firewatch duty" in that you just get stationed to some high priority facility or something and guard it for 2 years,bored as hell all the while.any truth to this?

if you go to a PRP command yes and no. You'll be able to go to CQB/RTT school and DM school if you do everything thats expected from you. If your a turdbag then you'll be watching a fence. really It all depends on where you get station and how you carry yourself. but to tell you the truth eventually every one will be watching a fence.

What FAST Company are you with? I was with 3rd from 06'-07. LOL, yeah Cwalling OC does suck!

I get out of itb in 2 weeks, then heading to Va.. for Security Forces I wanna go CQB or MD .. how does that work? ..
    ive got 300 pft and im not a ****bag so what do i need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post
    I get out of itb in 2 weeks, then heading to Va.. for Security Forces I wanna go CQB or MD .. how does that work? ..
    ive got 300 pft and im not a ****bag so what do i need to do?
    You have to be assigned to a unit to get to one of those schools. Nobody/Not often does a Marine go from the basic security guard course to CQB or DM school. Not from FAST or from the PRP commands.

I say not often because when they started up the new MCSF post in Bahrain in 95-96, the training center shipped us "new" Marines right from the basic security guard school, and we ran a special DM school just for them to get them up and running with some DM's for the new post, but that was a unique situation.

The best way to come back and get those schools is to: get to your MCSF unit, get a little bit lucky, but be so sheet hot that you control you destiny, and then you might make it back to one of those schools.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    You have to be assigned to a unit to get to one of those schools. Nobody/Not often does a Marine go from the basic security guard course to CQB or DM school. Not from FAST or from the PRP commands.

I say not often because when they started up the new MCSF post in Bahrain in 95-96, the training center shipped us "new" Marines right from the basic security guard school, and we ran a special DM school just for them to get them up and running with some DM's for the new post, but that was a unique situation.

The best way to come back and get those schools is to: get to your MCSF unit, get a little bit lucky, but be so sheet hot that you control you destiny, and then you might make it back to one of those schools.
    Awesome advice as always Wookie, but I gotta say, you're really showing your age when you say Bahrain is the "new MCSF post"

I just enlisted for this MOS this morning

Private Bazzard, if you would be so kind, what was BSG training like? What kinds of things do you train in?

Is it 2 years of Security Forces and then 2 (or 3) for the Fleet or vice versa?

Hey, I just wanted some advice regarding Security Forces. Right now I have a Security Forces (PRP) contract, and after talking to another Marine friend of mine, I have determined that this is not what I want. He explained to me the different Security Forces Billets, and he told me i should get into FAST, and get it in my contract. Before I talked to him, I was under the impression that you could not get something that specific in a contract. He assured me that you can, and he is a Marine who's actually gone through Security Forces. However, I would like a second opinion, and any more information I can get on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Blodgett View Post
    Hey, I just wanted some advice regarding Security Forces. Right now I have a Security Forces (PRP) contract, and after talking to another Marine friend of mine, I have determined that this is not what I want. He explained to me the different Security Forces Billets, and he told me i should get into FAST, and get it in my contract. Before I talked to him, I was under the impression that you could not get something that specific in a contract. He assured me that you can, and he is a Marine who's actually gone through Security Forces. However, I would like a second opinion, and any more information I can get on the subject.

Don't you think you should have done some research BEFORE you signed the bottom line. Might make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Blodgett View Post
    LMAO....get FAST in your contract? Either your friend's a dumb boot or he's pulling your leg.

Thread Information