Military Police qualifications
Create Post

Military Police qualifications

I wear glasses and am strongly considering being an MP. Does your vision have to be a certain strength (like 20/800 or something) without glasses? Or can it just ve correctable to 20/20?

When I went to Okinawa in 1975 I was an 0811 which I wore glasses with 20/20 vision I have no idea what todays standards are but I would think some fine Marine will come along to hjelp you out,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    When I went to Okinawa in 1975 I was an 0811 which I wore glasses with 20/20 vision I have no idea what todays standards are but I would think some fine Marine will come along to hjelp you out,Semper Fidelis.
    Forgot to say they wanted me to be an MP but I went on to be a billeting NCO for officers,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To be a Marine MP, your vision must be correctable to 20/20 and have normal color vision.

So, to be clear, you DON'T have to have good vision without glasses? Because my recruiter told me I wasn't qualified to be an MP because my vision is bad without glasses.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lcentola View Post
    So, to be clear, you DON'T have to have good vision without glasses? Because my recruiter told me I wasn't qualified to be an MP because my vision is bad without glasses.

Unless they changed the standards lately (always possible), it was vision correctable to 20/20 and normal color.

Quote Originally Posted by lcentola View Post
    If I remember right mine was 20/200 without glasses,Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information