Christmas at Recruit Training
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas at Recruit Training

Couldn't find any info on this topic, maybe I'm just not a good google'er :P What can one expect on Christmas day at Recruit Training? A wonderful present in the form of body breaking PT? (Not saying that would be a bad thing, I Love PT) Just curious since my current ship date would have me at Recruit Training next Christmas. Thanks.

Training continues no matter what holiday you're at during boot camp.

I'm sure it could be a big surprise,lol,Semper Fidelis.

Of course, just having the chance to earn the title is a Christmas present all in itself!

You got that right,Semper Fidelis.

Actually you'll be on a 'Sunday' type schedule on Christmas day. According to a former DI friend of mine, not long off the field, Recruits are allowed to wrap presents to send home to family prior to Christmas.

Day after Christmas, regular training day.

I qualed on the range the day before christmas. Christmas day I received a rather large box full of home made peanute brittle my mother had made for the platoon... Needless to say, no one received the brittle and I got some extra "Training" for it that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Actually you'll be on a 'Sunday' type schedule on Christmas day. According to a former DI friend of mine, not long off the field, Recruits are allowed to wrap presents to send home to family prior to Christmas.

There was no presents being wrapped or sent from my squad bay...

That's weird that they took the brittle away. General policy when I went through was that the DIs would collect up the treats/snacks, provided there was enough for the whole platoon, and then our Senior would occasionally let the platoon cycle through and each pick a treat out of the box if we had done really well that day, or something of that nature.

Credits
    Savings
    You'll find the true meaning of USMC=

U'll Surely Miss Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    You'll find the true meaning of USMC=

U'll Surely Miss Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Radiofantry View Post
    That's weird that they took the brittle away. General policy when I went through was that the DIs would collect up the treats/snacks, provided there was enough for the whole platoon, and then our Senior would occasionally let the platoon cycle through and each pick a treat out of the box if we had done really well that day, or something of that nature.
    My platoon was not allowed any sweets due to the fact that we had a fat body...and by fat, I mean this kid was huge. No dessert's in the chowhall, no sweets from the mail. We were not even allowed these things on holidays(I was on PI for thanksgiving, Marine Corps birthday, Christmas and new years.)

When I was training slime balls at the Depot, they never got to smell pogy bait let alone eat it. Christmas was just another training day in the life of a slime ball. You have to remember the Drill Instructor also has to be there to baby sit on Christmas and I am quite sure he would rather be doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post

Sounds like the army,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    When I was training slime balls at the Depot, they never got to smell pogy bait let alone eat it. Christmas was just another training day in the life of a slime ball. You have to remember the Drill Instructor also has to be there to baby sit on Christmas and I am quite sure he would rather be doing something else.
    ,Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information