Serious Question: Did any Marine ever run worse than I do? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @Adema: If you slow your pace a little, can you make the full 3 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    @Adema: If you slow your pace a little, can you make the full 3 miles?
    I can't run 3 miles without stopping, if that's what you're asking. I could do 3 miles with a combination of running / walking. I'm guessing I could do it in a little of 30 minutes. I walk 3 miles every weekend and it takes me about 45 minutes. That's walking alone.

Do you have any physical ailments that may be contributing to this? Maybe you aren't breathing properly. You may want to see a doctor and make sure its ok .

I too was worried about the physical part of Bootcamp. I ran a 12:45 IST. When I got to Bootcamp the running and pt was so brutal on my body that by the PFT I had stress fractures in both feet. I pushed through however and ran a 24:57. A ****ty time but considering- not that bad. Bootcamp was painful as hell, somehow I was never dropped, my Drill Instructors worked with the Corpsman because in their words, I put out. Now if I were you I wouldn't worry about Bootcamp. Just wait till MCT. I'll bet nobody has even told you about that slayfest. They've recently made it a lot harder. After that 15k hike running the PFT is a breeze. I did it ALL with stress fractures, so trust me when I say, if you want to be a Marine. If you REALLY want it. Then a little run won't stop you. However us slow runners tend to get slayed in Bootcamp. Get those pull-ups up. My 26 pull-ups and 107 (up from 13 and 50 on my IST) kept me out of the weak bodies. Stay motivated.

I'm not familiar with the term "slayfest", may know it by another name. A lot changed after I left there, even terminology.

Adema, update. How has the run been going since you started up the program?

Thread Information