Need help with my MOS please,
Create Post

Need help with my MOS please,

Hello Marines,

I have decided to join the Marine Corps and am now in the Delayed Entry Program. For quite some time I have had my eyes set on being a tanker or AAV Crewman. I was talking to my recruiter about this and I know that I can't pick that MOS specifically, but I can choose the field. It has also come to my attention as well that I have the possibility of becoming an Artillery Cannoneer or LAAD gunner should I choose that field. My question is what are the odds of me getting my prefered MOS (Tanker,AAV,EFV) over Artillery and LAAD?

I would like to know, if possible, what are the percentages of people getting they're prefered MOS. If I chose AAV, what would the chances that I would end up in Artillery? Thank you Marines, and God Bless

I would like to apologize in advance if this has been discussed already but I'm having issues with the computer and search bar.

I tried to get into tanks mos but got supply - depends on needs of the marine corps and somewhat on the occupational field you choose - good luck, hope you get the mos you want cuz I sure as hell didn't

meh, such is life

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorRay View Post
    Hello Marines,

I have decided to join the Marine Corps and am now in the Delayed Entry Program. For quite some time I have had my eyes set on being a tanker or AAV Crewman. I was talking to my recruiter about this and I know that I can't pick that MOS specifically, but I can choose the field. It has also come to my attention as well that I have the possibility of becoming an Artillery Cannoneer or LAAD gunner should I choose that field. My question is what are the odds of me getting my prefered MOS (Tanker,AAV,EFV) over Artillery and LAAD?

I would like to know, if possible, what are the percentages of people getting they're prefered MOS. If I chose AAV, what would the chances that I would end up in Artillery? Thank you Marines, and God Bless

I would like to apologize in advance if this has been discussed already but I'm having issues with the computer and search bar.
    Taylor,
    As you know, the issue you are going to have is the Marines only promise a field and not a specific MOS. Since that is true, it really depends on the needs of the Corps when you get assigned your basic MOS on what your MOS will be. Since no one has been able to second guess HQMC since it was first created, we have no capability to even give a good guess much less a percentage.

Sorry we don't have a better answer but every Marine has the same issue. You will find that your MOS is not as important to you as earning your EGA. I hope you get the one you want but, like all Marines, do your absolute best on the one you get. Come back and let us know.

Thread Information