2003 Camp Comando..... CAR Question.
Create Post

2003 Camp Comando..... CAR Question.

Good Evening Marines, Does anyone remember when camp Commando took a Missile in the First days of the invasion? I believe 1MEF HQ had been operating out of there. Do the Marines while at the time of the Attack rate a CAR. Thank you for your time.

Similar Threads:

I know it's a 2 year old thread, but on the off chance that the OP reads this:

I do most certainly remember Commando taking a SCUD. At least that's how it was reported on the net. I was about to cross the LOD when it happened, if I remember correctly. During the first hours of the invasion.

As far as rating a CAR goes...I wouldn't know.

Thank you for the response. I'm not sure either. If it wasn't rated then I don't think it will be rated now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry, getting your compound hit by a missile does not qualify you to a CAR.
    You must have taken direct enemy fire and returned fire.

http://www.marines.mil/News/Messages...-and-upda.aspx

Snip:
    (2) THE PRINCIPAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERION IS THAT ON THE DATE/S OF ACTION THE INDIVIDUAL MUST HAVE RENDERED SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE UNDER ENEMY FIRE WHILE ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN A GROUND OR SURFACE ENGAGEMENT. THE FOLLOWING AMPLIFYING GUIDANCE IS PROVIDED:
    (A) AS APPLIED TO IEDS, MINES, AND SCATTERABLE MUNITION, WITH OR WITHOUT THE IMMEDIATE PRESENCE OF ENEMY FORCES, THE FOLLOWING CONSTITUTE ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN A GROUND OR SURFACE ENGAGEMENT:
    (I) DIRECT EXPOSURE TO THE DETONATION OF AN IED, MINE, OR SCATTERABLE MUNITION USED BY AN ENEMY.
    (II) DIRECT ACTION TAKEN TO DISABLE, RENDER SAFE, OR DESTROY AN ACTIVE ENEMY-EMPLACED IED, MINE, OR SCATTERABLE MUNITION WHILE IN THE IMMEDIATE PROXIMITY OF THE WEAPON SUCH THAT THE INDIVIDUAL IS AT INCREASED RISK FROM THE ANTICIPATED EFFECTS OF THE WEAPON IF DETONATED. AN ACTIVE IED, MINE, OR SCATTERABLE MUNITION IS DEFINED AS ONE HAVING BOTH A MAIN EXPLOSIVE CHARGE AND A FUNCTIONAL FUSING/TRIGGERING MECHANISM. CACHES OF ENEMY IEDS, MINES, OR SCATTERABLE MUNITION THAT HAVE NOT BEEN EMPLACED BY THE ENEMY FOR DETONATION DO NOT SATISFY THIS CRITERION. ACTIONS TAKEN SOLELY TO MARK A SUSPECTED MINE OR IED DO NOT SATISFY THIS CRITERION, NOR DOES EMPLOYING REMOTE MINE CLEARING SYSTEMS OR DIRECT FIRE WEAPONS TO NEUTRALIZE OR DESTROY THE MINE OR IED FROM OUTSIDE THE ANTICIPATED BLAST AREA OF THE WEAPON.
    (B) ELIGIBILITY UNDER SUBPARA (A) ABOVE IS RETROACTIVE TO 7 OCTOBER 2001.
    (C) BEING AWARDED THE PURPLE HEART DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE A SERVICE MEMBER ELIGIBLE FOR THE CAR, NOR DOES MERELY SERVING IN A COMBAT AREA OR BEING EXPOSED TO ENEMY FIRE OR THREAT OF ENEMY FIRE.
    (D) PERSONNEL PARTICIPATING IN CLANDESTINE OR SPECIAL OPERATIONS, WHO BY THE NATURE OF THEIR MISSION ARE RESTRICTED IN THEIR ABILITY TO RETURN FIRE, AND WHO ARE OPERATING IN CONDITIONS IN WHICH THE RISK OF ENCOUNTERING ENEMY FIRE WAS GREAT, MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CAR.
    (E) PERSONNEL WHO ARE EXPOSED TO INDIRECT FIRE ARE NOT NORMALLY ELIGIBLE FOR THE CAR UNLESS THEY ACTIVELY ENGAGE THE ENEMY IN OFFENSIVE COUNTER-FIRE ACTIONS.

Thread Information