Formation question
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Formation question

Hi, Marines. This question isn't really that important but just a curious question I've had. I have battalion formation at my school every morning and we have cadets when at parade rest just put rest their hands on their butt as if they were told at ease and when at attention they just put their feet at a 45 degree angle and just dangle their hands. They move around and just don't look professional.

My question is if every formation that Marines are in, do they always go to parade rest, attention, etc. like they did in boot camp? Or are there times where you're in a laid back formation and they allow these things? Thanks in advance.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If your not in the field then,

Yes on the first question.
    NEVER on the second.

Credits
    Savings
    Laid back ?
    WHAT'S THAT MEAN ?

See previous answer
    There is but one way to respond to commands

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well this is a YouTube video of some Marines in a "laid back" formation and I'm guessing they weren't given rest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arq6QMUU0gg

the schoolhouse is extra moto, once you hit fleet you'll see a lot less of snap n pop type stuff - depending on what unit you go to
    yes it will be a little more laid back if you will than it is at mos school

Fleet we just fall in for a formation and pretty much always get put at ease... basically means you can stand there and relax.. you don't have to do that parade rest stuff, just wait for you to get called to attention again.

Basically what Yonkers said. Very rarely are there super fancy formations where all the stuff is necessary. I'd imagine as things transition back to peacetime Marine Corps it will get a lot more moto.

Thread Information