Your favorite pool PT workout? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At my RSS we like to do what we know as "The Gentleman's PT", where we set up stations such as ammo can lifts, push ups, jump lunges, crunches, jumping jacks, body squats, etc, and pair up into groups of two.

Poolee 1 - Runs the equivalent of a quarter mile, or one lap on a track, while - Poolee 2 - Repeats the exercise full intensity without stopping until his/her partner is done.

Without rest, they swap positions and repeat until the second poolee has finished running. The only rest you get is when you're waiting for the last poolee to finish the run, at which time you start the next exercise.

In other words, it pays to be a winner, and if you're in last, no rest for the weary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmystro View Post
    At my RSS we like to do what we know as "The Gentleman's PT", where we set up stations such as ammo can lifts, push ups, jump lunges, crunches, jumping jacks, body squats, etc, and pair up into groups of two.

Poolee 1 - Runs the equivalent of a quarter mile, or one lap on a track, while - Poolee 2 - Repeats the exercise full intensity without stopping until his/her partner is done.

Without rest, they swap positions and repeat until the second poolee has finished running. The only rest you get is when you're waiting for the last poolee to finish the run, at which time you start the next exercise.

In other words, it pays to be a winner, and if you're in last, no rest for the weary.
    We do that sometimes.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 05-02-12 at 06:21 AM. Reason: No skirting around the language sensor.

We do the same, only call it a much less politically correct term that I won't repeat

My favorite is when Sgt. Clark tells us to build a house and has us crawl around the whole line, without anyone's knee's touching the ground, the person crawling stopping, or anyone complaining. If anyone does any of those things we all have to do sprints, crunches, and pushups. Then we start all over again.

Idk what you'd call this workout but totally demolishes your quads i swear -

1/2 mile sprint
    50 lunges
    1/2 mile sprint
    50 squats

1/2 mile sprint
    50 lunges
    1/2 mile sprint
    50 squats

1/2 mile sprint
    50 pushups

60 decline crunches (we have a stupid steep hill outside our office, do them with your legs higher up the hill than your head)
    100 pullups

No rest periods, no water, no *****ing till your done - Lol, Oorah!

Thread Information