Your favorite pool PT workout?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Your favorite pool PT workout?

Hey everyone, post your favorite pool workouts below. Mine is when SSgt Luk makes us sprint 1 1/2 miles to this park where we play the "games." Basically the games consist of letters and numbers. Two people pick numbers, so if someone picks 5 and someone picks 20 we have to do 100 yards worth of a specific workout. Then letters like F R C etc..etc.. are picked and we do that workout for 100 yards. For example R is for rolls so we have to do forward rolls for 100 yards straight and F is for frogs so we would have to do frog jumps for 100 yards..C would be for high crawls and low crawls...high crawls for 50 yards, low for 50 yards. We have tons of different letters and workouts we do. Usually he lets the new guys pick the numbers, and we aren't allowed to tell them what to pick and they always end up picking high numbers lol.

I like the deck of cards workout, and the 100 club. We used to run CFT'S during the summer almost every Wednesday..never seen so many people throw up at once hahahaha

House of Pain routine. 6 groups/stations, 10 minutes a station, 1 min break for water in between the stations. If you stop/rest during the exercise, everyone restarts the 10 min...fun stuff

As much as CFTs wear me out, I love doing them! I feel so good afterwards (well... after the initial 10 minutes or throwing up or feeling like I'm going to throw up!) But of course we usually run the IST and CFT back to back.. fun right?!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The house of pain is fun hahaha we did that saturday.

I personally love the Moto Runs. It's not as physical as some of the others, but it helps with running, cadences, and running as a group. I usually go for Road Guard to get a little more sprinting in. It's also nice to see people's faces when a huge group of Poolees and Marines are running through downtown, stopping traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbcook27 View Post
    I personally love the Moto Runs. It's not as physical as some of the others, but it helps with running, cadences, and running as a group. I usually go for Road Guard to get a little more sprinting in. It's also nice to see people's faces when a huge group of Poolees and Marines are running through downtown, stopping traffic.
    I'm always put on road gaurd cause Ssgt. Says I'm one of the fastes haha. But I do agree, its nice to get a little more sprinting in.

one time, around christmas, about 8 marines came back from boot camp. They IT'd us. I thought It was pretty cool till we were done and my arms were cramping bad when I was just sitting there. Haha good times.

Every Thursday and Saturday we have a warmup which consists of 100 pull-ups, 200/300 squats, and 300 crunches. After that it's anyone's guess, usually some competive "games" between the poolees. We also usually do some leg lifts, 6" I hate the most, which are the ball-suckers of the Earth.

My edit didn't show up. My favorite PT is when the last one, or ones that finish after the recruiter, have to do more PT which makes me give it my all 100% of the time even if I do have to do extra PT every now and then.

Thrasher

4laps
    100 burpees
    4laps
    200 crunches
    4 laps
    70 pull ups
    Cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack Poolee View Post
    Thrasher

4laps
    100 burpees
    4laps
    200 crunches
    4 laps
    70 pull ups
    Cool down.

never heard of this one, sounds like a good workout lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have to say, i'm also a fan of cadence runs.

Personally i like it when our recruiters scream at us just like down on PI... its alot more Motivating than normal workouts... but if you want a good workout try Tabada!
    Example: dive bomber push-ups,sit-ups,pull-ups,supreme crunches,dips
    Routine will look like this: 8 minutes of work
    30 seconds of work,10 seconds of rest---
    30 seconds- Dive bombers
    rest
    30 seconds- supreme crunch
    rest
    30 seconds- pull-ups
    rest
    30 seconds- sit-ups
    rest
    30 seconds- dive bombers
    rest
    30 seconds- dips
    rest
    30 seconds- pull-ups
    rest
    30 seconds- dips
    rest
    30 seconds- dive bombers
    rest
    30 seconds- sit-ups
    rest
    30 seconds- supreme crunch
    rest
    30 seconds- pull-ups
    rest
    30 seconds- sit-ups
    rest
    30 seconds- dips
    rest
    30 seconds- dive bombers
    rest
    30 seconds- pull-ups
    rest
    1 mile run
    done

hope this helps!
    Semper Fi Poolees
    Kilo-Echo-Lima-Lima-Oscar-Golf-Golf... Out--

Personally i think the best workouts are when our Recruiters scream at us... because it just gives me that extra motivation that i need to push myself past my own physical limits...

Kilo-Echo-Lima-Lima-Oscar-Golf-Golf... Out---

Have to say that motto runs are my favorite as well. They're fun and if they're long enough they really help with your endurance.

Thread Information