DENTAL question - policy on missing teeth?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member RipLi's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question DENTAL question - policy on missing teeth?

I have a question on dental.

If a prospective MarineCorps applicant happens to be missing a tooth or a few, what is the policy. It is ok if nobody knows but I am appreciative of ANY answers I get.

If someone has a crown/s, a bridge, or perhaps a crowned implant, which requires a SCREW into the gum, what can my fellow forum members tell me on this?

This would be a nice thread, because I haven't found a dental section in here.

Thanks!

I don't seem to remember anyone looking at my teeth during MEPS but that was long ago now. I believe if the person has no infections or gum disease....there will probably be no issues.

Again, as before...the recruiter would be very handy at providing this sort of information.

Marine Friend Free Member RipLi's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Dr!

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Appointment

Dental

Jun 10 2009
    The disqualifying medical conditions are listed below. The International Classification of Disease (ICD) codes are listed in parentheses following each standard.

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver) are an authenticated history of:
    Current diseases of the jaws or associated tissues that prevent normal functioning are disqualifying. Those diseases include, but are not limited to temporomandibular disorders (524.6) and/or myofascial pain that have not been corrected.
    Current severe malocclusion (524), which interferes with normal mastication or requires early and protracted treatment, or a relationship between the mandible and maxilla that prevents satisfactory future prosthodontic replacement is disqualifying.

Current insufficient natural healthy teeth (521) or lack of a serviceable prosthesis that prevents adequate incision and mastication of a normal diet and/or includes complex (multiple fixtures) dental implant systems with associated complications are disqualifying.

Individuals undergoing endodontic care are acceptable for entry in the Delayed Entry Program only if a civilian or military provider provides documentation that active endodontic treatment will be completed prior to being sworn into active duty.

Current orthodontic appliances for continued treatment (V53.4) are disqualifying. Retainer appliances are permissible, provided all active orthodontic treatment has been satisfactorily completed. Individuals undergoing orthodontic care are acceptable for enlistment in the Delayed Entry Program only if a civilian or military orthodontist provides documentation that active orthodontic treatment will be completed prior to being sworn into active duty.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...y/a/dental.htm

Thread Information