I have a few questions.
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question I have a few questions.

My ankles are not very strong, but me physically I am in very good shape. I lift and run every day and run between 2-5 miles a day. Sometimes I get worried when my ankles get soar after a run or the next morning, because im sure in RT what they will be working me way tougher cardio wise. What I am getting at is Im worried my ankles may not hold up in RT any advice on this ? any would be much appreciated. Ankles strengthening tips anything really.

Also when I talk to my recruiter and the head hancho at the Recruiting center in Troutdale the Staff Sergeant, I answer them with "yes sir and no sir" am I allowed to say Aye sir yet or is that for RT and post RT?

Moved to the Ask A Marine forum where Marines can best answer your questions.
    And it's not the 'head honcho'....it's the NCOIC (Non-Commisssioned Officer In Charge).

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Moved to the Ask A Marine forum where Marines can best answer your questions.
    And it's not the 'head honcho'....it's the NCOIC (Non-Commisssioned Officer In Charge).
    Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Staff Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge,Semper Fidelis.
    And I had SNCOIC and I changed it.......thanks for the correction.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Didnt know that thanks. softball23

Honestly, throughout all of Recruit Training your body will be sore pretty much at all times. You're already doing more than what I was doing before I actually shipped so I doubt you'll have many problems.

Everyone who goes to Boot Camp will encounter challenges and that's something you'll have to understand. No matter how much you prepare for it.. it's still going to be a rough 13 weeks. Mentally it sucks and physically it can suck depending on what you make of it. Also, I don't see how saying "aye sir" could hurt you any.. it'd actually be beneficial for you because you'll get used to saying it before actually going to boot camp. Also it'd show that you're trying a little more than the other Poolees. The worst thing that can happen if you say it is that they'll tell you to stop. (Highly doubt they'll say anything)

Quote Originally Posted by starkfm View Post
    My ankles are not very strong, but me physically I am in very good shape. I lift and run every day and run between 2-5 miles a day. Sometimes I get worried when my ankles get soar after a run or the next morning, because im sure in RT what they will be working me way tougher cardio wise. What I am getting at is Im worried my ankles may not hold up in RT any advice on this ? any would be much appreciated. Ankles strengthening tips anything really.

Also when I talk to my recruiter and the head hancho at the Recruiting center in Troutdale the Staff Sergeant, I answer them with "yes sir and no sir" am I allowed to say Aye sir yet or is that for RT and post RT?

Good morning,

You'll come to learn that the PT during recruit training isn't as strenuous as you might think. Right off the bat they aren't going to make you do 5 mile runs. It's a build up, and at that I don't ever recall running 5 miles. And if I remember correctly we never had PT numerous days in a row.

As far as to what to call your recruiter, just respectfully call him by his rank. " Yes, Ssgt. No, Ssgt. " when asked a yes or no question. "Aye Ssgt " when given an order. Most poolees mess that up and I don't know why. But when you get to recruit training IT WILL BE " Yes sir, No sir, Aye sir ". And when and if you become a Marine, once again you respectfully call them by their rank.

Thread Information