Thank you USMC!!!!
Create Post

Thank you USMC!!!!

We had a good skype session with my son last night. It seems that he will be VERY busy over the next few months attending various training sessions. He couldn't go into too much detail apart from 3 months here, 10 days there, 3 weeks over there....etc. I could tell it was a bit frustrating for him not to be able to go into detail, and at the same time he is VERY motivated and proud. In a recent text he said " everything seems to be coming together and I feel that God is pointing me in a good direction."

My son has always had some outstanding qualities, he is honest, very driven to do the stuff he enjoyed and has a strong faith. What he lacked was the discipline and confidence to overcome some of the unpleasant hurdles that life throws at us. When I look back over the 16 months since he left for Parris Island, the changes that have taken place within this young man are nothing short of incredible!!!! He is developing the tools that will allow him to overcome the challenges that life throws at all of us....and for that, I am eternally greatful to the United States Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

best of luck to him,,

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for sharing that with us all.
    Brought a tear to this Marines eyes...

Semper Fi there Dad, let him let the Marine in him come out like you have.

Marines Do It Best, Semper Fidelis.

I can feel your pride through my monitor. I am very happy for you and especially your son.

That is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Marines Do It Best, Semper Fidelis.

Yes you do!

Continue to watch your son change and grow. With every school...every promotion... he will change a little more. Additional confidence and determination.

Semper Fi Dad. Now you understand why we are all Marines for life.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Now you understand why we are all Marines for life.

Yes I am beginning to and experiencing this through my son has been eye-opening for sure.....Why didn't I see this 25 years ago? .... Do you rekon I could get an age waiver? and maybe a medical waiver(or 2... OK 3)

Quote Originally Posted by MarineDAD92 View Post
    Yes I am beginning to and experiencing this through my son has been eye-opening for sure.....Why didn't I see this 25 years ago? .... Do you rekon I could get an age waiver? and maybe a medical waiver(or 2... OK 3)
    I think many of us would attempt for those waivers. But I don't think these young people need any recruits who are older then the CMC and the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You must be extremely proud of your son. He is guided by a force greater than anything on earth. God bless him and keep him safe.

Thread Information