Security Clearance Question
Create Post

Security Clearance Question

My son just finished his hitch a couple of days ago. He says that he has a security clearance. Is there any way that I can check, or find out what the clearance is? He's prone to exagerating his accomplishments. Thanks in advance for the help!

Please fill out more of a profile besides a first and last name, so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Every Marine that enlists in the Marine Corps undergoes the NACLC background investigation which results in a secret clearance barring any derogatory or citizenship issues, so he's probably right. Ain't no biggie since almost every Marine has one.

Credits
    Savings
    If he had a secret or top security clearance he shouldn't be talking about it.
    I had a Top Secret clearance and am still not to talk about it after all these
    years.

Tell your son that he no longer possesses a secret security clearance. He'll know why.

What a bizarre question.

Getting a security clearance isn't an accomplishment, it just means you met certain criteria such as, but not limited to no serious financial debts. I'm pretty sure the civilians that prepare food at the chow hall have to have a security clearance of sorts.

Yeah, having a run-of-the-mill clearance has no bearing on anything, nor does it equate to him having done anything requiring said clearance. As others stated, most every Marine is granted a low-level clearance. Those who have/had a clearance that actually means something tend to not discuss or brag about it.

Credits
    Savings
    Reported in to a BK in Aug. Cpl over 4 with a 21 ser# and no BI. Oct got FTS, Dec pro. to Sgt. From then till I retired, I had people ask me why some one with my MOS had a TS. It is just one of those things.

Thanks for all the responses.

Thread Information