Question about avionics
Create Post

Question about avionics

I am in Pensacola at my school right now, I am an AVIONICS person I stranded up AE, but I am hoping to get I strand orders in a few weeks. Can someone please fill me in on I strand. I want an I strand Marines view also, all O strand Marines do is talk down when theyre the ones who work their asses off all day long and I strand does the same amount of work and has a good work schedule please PM me or write on here. Thank you.

PFC/USMC

I am O level CH-46 Comm/Nav trainee in New River right now. Grad in April, I was O strand in Pcola. It's 0 times easier here than Pcola, from my buddies that are I level they are working with circuit boards. O level they are on the flight line working on the aircraft. You won't get orders till your a week from graduation, you will go down and see GySgt Cunningham and they will cut your orders, then the day you grad you will get your final orders.

We get final orders 2 weeks before we graduate now man! But what do you mean 0 times easier? Here in Pcola were practically on lockdown everyday. A lot has changed in a month. Its like boot camp over here. We have 1 hr posts all through the night we stand posts. Theres 48 posts every 12 hrs.... in ONE BARRACKS!!!!! Have you or when will you be deployed soon? I wanna go I level cause ****s easy lol... But I am afraid the one kid ahead of me in class will take it cause hes got better scores. I strive to be #1, but you cant study for that **** out of th ebook, the tests are worded completely different than what we review.... Do you get any freedom? When do you find out your permanent duty station?

Do we aviation Marines get the leave inbetween c school and duty station? I used 17 days during christmas and I think im negative now but just curious!

You will get 10 days travel depending on duty station. If your duty station is in the same state more than likely no travel "days" however you can request leave. Almost my whole class is suppose to be going to Okinawa, therefore if there is time we are all taking some kind of leave.

Did you pick overseas? Why would they send you all to okinawa if you didnt pick overseas I mean I know its the "Needs" but mostly people get their choice!!!!

I am a Phrog guy and we are converting to Osprey's. However the Monitor is the one that ultimately chooses where you go based on what unit needs Marines. Worst case scenario we have been told we could go to OKI for say a week, come back to New River "fleet returnees" and since I pick up Lance in April I could pick up meritorious Cpl while in V22 school. They are transitioning a lot of units to v22's but will still take several years, so it just varies.

Ch-46 Sea Knight, nicknamed the Phrog

Thread Information