Life After the Corps - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardboardbox View Post
    I would push for instructor duty at Keesler and go to Mississippi State.
    I already looked into instructor duty, last word I heard is they over stock. For the force + up. But, now that we are on the down size. Our numbers are going to shrink. But degree from Mississippi State, like I said not all degrees are created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by SBYates View Post
    I already looked into instructor duty, last word I heard is they over stock. For the force + up. But, now that we are on the down size. Our numbers are going to shrink. But degree from Mississippi State, like I said not all degrees are created equal.

I think that's bullcrap because they're pushing 3 unique classes at a time now. Gunny Cunningham and Gunny Villanueva are leaving to go somewhere else (Unique instructors), and two Sergeants are EASing.

Remeber, we are downsizing to 186k that is a fact. So the 80 something WX platoon will get smaller and smaller. Like when I was there the first time, it was...6 people in the whole school that were Marines...

Yates, looking at your subsequent post and the four reasons why you think it is time to get out, and then the few posts after, just go back and read what you said again yourself.

I think you will see the answer to your question in your own words because your words convey the direction you really want to go.

Right?

So, not much us "old guys" can really say more.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    Yates, looking at your subsequent post and the four reasons why you think it is time to get out, and then the few posts after, just go back and read what you said again yourself.

I think you will see the answer to your question in your own words because your words convey the direction you really want to go.

Right?

So, not much us "old guys" can really say more.
    Well, just because I want to go one way, doesnt mean it is the best way.

Well Grasshopper, you need to sit down and look inside yourself. We can pontificate only own views.

S/F

Sounds to me like your mind is made up as well. Plus, you want to make momma happy (nothing wrong with that). Hope it works out for you in the civilian world.

If one of your big deals is serving others, you may want to look into medecine like I did. Doesn't matter what the economy is doing, people still get sick, wreck their cars, are shot/shoot themselves, overdose...you get the idea. Caregivers have to take care of them. It can be a hassle getting into an accredated program and there normally are waiting lists but your GI Bill will pay for it. Just something else to think about.

Thread Information