New hardline stance on tattoos?
Create Post

New hardline stance on tattoos?

Is the strict stance on tattoos by the Marine Corps something that has only come along as of late because of a diminished need for recruiting? Because I swear I can remember in times past plenty of people shipping into the Marines having pretty significant tattoos on visible parts of their arms.

Also,.. How are things once inside? I've always sort of had my heart set on getting a very tactful non ornate in simple bold back Eagle Globe and Anchor tattoo once the title has been earned. Either on the upper arm or centered on my calf. Would I face a lot of heat for getting such a tattoo?

Medical/Mental/Criminal/Tattoo Waivers/Lying to MEPS...READ THIS FIRST
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

Earn the title and get to MOS school before you worry about a tattoo, if you do get one just don't get anything that shows outside of PT gear.

Tattoo policy was put into place under General Conway, the previous Commandant, at the same time as the force was being increased.

So no, its nothing new.

You can get NJP'd for getting a tattoo that is visible when wearing PT gear once you are in. Fair warning.

Why don't you run down to the Tatoo Parlor and get that tat. Sure would look nice and besides who really cares what the tat regulations say.

I'm getting a new tattoo or an addition to the one I have now every year... I got an eagle.. trying to think of a new one for this year.

Don't get an EGA out of boot like all the other millions of boots do.. get it after you've been in the fleet awhile.

Thread Information