In Need of Marine help !!!!!
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

In Need of Marine help !!!!!

ok um i was discharged a couple months ago i cam to all required p.t. and know all my reqired knowledge made an 88 on the asvab and do 15 pull ups a 100 sit ups and run a mile in 12:30 . the reason i was discharged was during my finally poole evaluation i was going through some things at home i didnt eat for a couple of day and ran and made a 13:20 before this i had passed the lat two prior station poole evaluation with 1300 and 1229 i was woundering what are my chances of joing the corps. this discharge would be my second. I am planning to call the recruiting station only when i can run a 900 mile and a half anothe marine friend of mine said that it might be possible if i can prove my ruunning compancy.

First, you need to fill out more of your profile....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    Second, what you typed out is terrible to read.
    You really need to work on your grammar and some basic sentence structure; capital letters at beginning of sentences, punctuation marks where needed, capitalize the letter "I", and periods at end of sentences.
    Third, Marine and Corps are always capitalized on this site.

Credits
    Savings
    Sorry sir just really was trying to type fast i will hurry and fill out profile thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hgordon2 View Post
    Sorry sir just really was trying to type fast i will hurry and fill out profile thank you
    If you're calling me a Sir, you better check my profile, or even take a look at my avatar.

Credits
    Savings
    sorry ma am didnt mean an thing by it i didnt even know how to check profiles im not particually computer savvy
    but i have added more info to my profile could you please help me out

Dont sweat the small stuff in life. Work on your pt, especially your run times and try to join the DEP again. You werent actually discharged because you werent actually a Marine yet.

Credits
    Savings
    thank you sir

Maybe try going to a different recruiting stqtion? I doubt the one you've been using likes you that much...

You can do 15 pull ups, 100 sit ups and your run is WHAT?

12:30 for 1 mile?

You have some sort of mental block. There is no way you should be 15/100 and 12:30

Fix it first. Then go prove to the recruiter that you are serious. Maybe he will let you back in.

I'm turning 44 and haven't run for 9 months due to an injury and I can beat that time.

That time is a direct lack of motivation and determination.

Credits
    Savings
    i ment run a mile and a half in 12:30

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j View Post
    That time is a direct lack of motivation and determination.
    Well said. Stop punking out on yourself and get out there and run. Quit whining and go do it. "Going through some things" sounds like an excuse to me. They may very well have been serious things that would cause any of us to stutter which is fine for most people, but not for Marines.

You think your squad leader is going to give you a time out in combat because you are stressed out, or because your best friend just got hit with an IED and is screaming for your help? You've got another thing coming.

You simply aren't ready. That is why you were discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Well said. Stop punking out on yourself and get out there and run. Quit whining and go do it. "Going through some things" sounds like an excuse to me. They may very well have been serious things that would cause any of us to stutter which is fine for most people, but not for Marines.

You think your squad leader is going to give you a time out in combat because you are stressed out, or because your best friend just got hit with an IED and is screaming for your help? You've got another thing coming.

You simply aren't ready. That is why you were discharged.
    Can't get it better than to hear it from the horses mouth, or one of the horses.

As Sgt. Lep., says -- asked, answered, closed.

Thread Information