SCUMBAG steals Vets wheelchair from Front yard!
Create Post

SCUMBAG steals Vets wheelchair from Front yard!

I realize this isn't a Marine, but nonetheless, deserves some note here.

Unlike the very magnanimous veteran, I hope whomever did this gets beaten with cinderblocks after being tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail. Frak him.

Even if it's teenagers, I don't care. They are scum and deserve a beating.

New York Daily News
    January 21, 2012
    Pg. 5
    Purple Heartless
    Creep steals hero's wheelchair
    By Edgar Sandoval and Joe Kemp

AN IRAQI war veteran who lost both his legs in a Baghdad bombing didn’t just have his wheelchair stolen from his Long Island home — he lost the symbol of his sacrifice.

Christopher Levi, 28, who served as a corporal in the U.S. Army, said his custom-built wheelchair was taken from the front yard of his Holbrook home on Wednesday evening.

The $3,000 wheelchair was more than just the Army Ranger’s way to get around — stamped on the back was an embroidered Purple Heart emblem.

“Cut out the Purple Heart symbol and put it in [my] mailbox,” Levi said Friday in a plea to the heartless thieves.

“When they took it, they didn’t just take it from me — they took it from my mother.”
    Levi said he had the symbol sewn onto the chair after his mother, Debbie, made the request.
    “I want you to get the Purple Heart in that chair, so people know that you got injured serving your country,” his mother had told him.

Levi said he left the wheelchair in the driveway after he got in his 2009 Dodge Charger to run some errands. When he returned a little while later at 5:45 p.m., he noticed it was gone.
    The veteran, who left his prosthetic legs inside the house, was forced to crawl inside, only to discover the wheelchair had been stolen.
    “As soon as I asked [my mother], her jaw hit the ground,” he said. “That’s when we realized it was gone for good.”
    The family drove around the neighborhood searching for the wheelchair. They reported it stolen the next day, Suffolk County police said.
    Cops said it was unclear why the wheelchair was taken, but they have been getting a flood of calls from people wanting to donate toward a new one.
    Levi was critically injured in 2008 when an improvised exploding device detonated near his five-car convoy. He was hospitalized for more than a year before he came home in May 2009.
    Before his return, hundreds of volunteers from the Holbrook Fire Department and union contractors renovated the ground floor of his parents’ home to make it accessible for him.
    Levi — who now works with the nonprofit Building Homes for Heroes, which coordinated the $100,000 renovation project — said for now he is withholding judgment on the person who stole his wheelchair.
    “If he took it maliciously, I am angry,” he said. “If it was taken because there was no other way to get one for your family member ... I feel bad for him. I feel sorry for him.”
    The VA has given Levi a loaner wheelchair until it can have another one built for him.
    The family asks anyone who offers to replace the wheelchair to make a donation to Building Homes for Heroes instead. Contributions to the group can be made at buildinghomesforheroes.org

They should force whoever did it to work in a V.A. hospital, maybe they can get some sort of grip on what Vet's go thru.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm finding this story difficult to believe.

I Cant Believe Anyone Could Stoop That Low>well I Hope Someone Catches This Scum Of The Earth And Bring Him To Justice

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

There are really a lot of sh!t heads running the streets these days and they will steal most anything, sell it and buy their drugs for courage. Most of them are doing nothing but taking up space.

Sure glad I am way to old for jury duty as I am of the opinion that if someone is on trial for being a thief, they are guilty, otherwise they would not be on trial.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If the guy is wheel chair bound then why doesn't he have a specially modified vehicle to also carry his wheel chair? If he had no legs yet used prosthectics how did he drive his car. What sort of errands can be ran that does not require you to get out of your vehicle? Did he crawl around the piggley wiggley to get a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs?

It almost makes that website suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinbo View Post
    If the guy is wheel chair bound then why doesn't he have a specially modified vehicle to also carry his wheel chair? If he had no legs yet used prosthectics how did he drive his car. What sort of errands can be ran that does not require you to get out of your vehicle? Did he crawl around the piggley wiggley to get a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs?

It almost makes that website suspect.
    Maybe he just went to places with a drive-thru. You know like getting some meds at Walgreens. Or the drive-thru teller or ATM at the bank. Or get something to eat. Or even the drive-thru liquor store (idk about New York but we have drive-thru liquor stores here in Arizona). Idk. Hope they find the person who stole the wheelchair.

I'm sure there is a logical reason Quinbo. If it was a fraudulent report for pity based on being a war hero to obtain a downpour of donated funds...I doubt he'd refuse them and/or surrender them to the other noteworthy charity.

What makes a wheel chair cost up to three thousand dollars? What is it capable of doing?

Probably one of those 'mobility' chairs, engine, funky wheels, etc. They aren't cheap.

wheel chair

I believe if the story is legitimate, the person or persons will end up having to use it themselves. That is usually the way things work out in life. Semper Fi, and READY-APP. Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by BGW View Post
    What makes a wheel chair cost up to three thousand dollars? What is it capable of doing?
    There are some wheel chairs out there that climb stairs and I would guess they cost much more than $3,000.00.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If this is so I hope they catch tha Sorry Mutha F**Kers? Then Beat tha Chit outta these Common Mutha's,With All Due Respect

Thread Information