Msg Duty - Need Information
Create Post

Exclamation Msg Duty - Need Information

Hello all I am looking into MSG duty. Heres a little background about myself

Been in for over 2 years.
    LCpl (picking up Cpl next month)
    0621 Field Radio Operator
    Stationed at Cherry Point, NC

I'm a very physically fit Marine and one of my main concerns is if I will still have a gym to go to and train. I'm trying to get into personal training or some sort of bodybuilding after Corps, so staying in tip top shape is a must for me.

What has your MSG experience been like? Weekends off? I would expect is probably a lot of hours a day and atleast 5 days a week. Any info for this devildog would be great.

Thanks

I sent you a PM back.

Yes there will always be a gym, and sometimes a local fitness club the Marines will have a membership to.

Duty schedule fluctuates, and I won't get into specifics for OPSEC reasons, but someone still needs to stand duty during the weekend. Shifts last approximately 8 hours, so the day is divided into 3.

Do a search Devil Dog; been covered here a few times.

And, read this book: "Ambassadors In Blue The Marine Security Guard Program". Will answer most of your questions (can order from Amazon.com).

Send me a PM if you want; been on the program twice and also worked at the schoolhouse in Quantico (Operations Chief).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltayn View Post
    I sent you a PM back.

Yes there will always be a gym, and sometimes a local fitness club the Marines will have a membership to.

Duty schedule fluctuates, and I won't get into specifics for OPSEC reasons, but someone still needs to stand duty during the weekend. Shifts last approximately 8 hours, so the day is divided into 3.
    Best person to ask is right above. My experience is a little outdated from 96-99.

Thread Information