Power Packed Prayer
Create Post

Power Packed Prayer

Power-Packed Prayer

SUBMITTED BY GARY KEESEE ON JANUARY 20, 2012 - 6:15PM

Several years ago, when I was facing some obstacles, I had a dream. I was standing in the desert and in front of me was a straight road surrounded by flat sand. God said, “Walk down the road.” So I began walking. Then, all of a sudden, huge cement barriers began to pop up here and there and completely block one side of the road or the other so that I had to dodge them as I walked. Then, someone came up behind me and put a blindfold on me. I said, “How am I going to walk down the road? I can’t see where I’m going!” And, God said, “By My Spirit.”

That’s how life is supposed to be lived—by His Spirit.

You see, we’re creatures of habit. We think we can do things or can’t do things based on who we are and what we’ve already done. But God wants to help you with you because He knows that you can do anything with His help.

Proverbs 3:5 tells us to trust in the Lord with our whole hearts and lean not to our own understanding. I know. That’s not always easy to do. But ‘all’ of your ways means ALL of your ways. That means you have to acknowledge that you don’t have the answers. That means that you’re going to have to trust Him to lead you in life.

You’re not going to be able to walk out His plan for your life if you you’re not listening to what He has to say. That’s what prayer is.

Prayer is more than speaking. It’s listening.

James 5:13 says, “Is anyone among you in trouble? Let him pray.” Notice it doesn’t say “Let him call his best friend, or let him sign up for government assistance, or let him Google what to do about his problem.” It says PRAY.

If a man’s in trouble, he should pray! And, don’t tell me you can’t hear God.
    You CAN hear God. People say they don’t know how to hear God, but they really do. “What Gary? I don’t hear him ever!” Yes, you do! You just don’t know His voice. You haven’t taken the time to define His voice and learn the difference, because His voice sounds like your thoughts. You have to learn when it’s Him.

You’ve heard my story. We were dysfunctional financially. I wasn’t disciplined to seek out God’s kingdom. God was something I had in my life, but He wasn’t my life.
    Do you know what I’m talking about? Are you trying to survive like that?

When I hit bottom financially and physically, I had to have answers. And there it is—the difference between how you cry out to God from your heart and how you cry out to God in a religious setting. I HAD to hear God. I HAD to.

And, in prayer God began to lead me out of my mess. He’ll lead you to victory, too, if you will go before Him with a sincere heart and pray, and ask Him to show you what to do.

Zechariah was a profit in the time of Nehemiah when they were rebuilding the temple. In Zechariah 4, we read that it wouldn’t be by their might or their power that they would get the job done, but by His Spirit.

When we leave to go out of town, we always pray before we leave for protection over our property. We were getting ready to leave town awhile back and the Holy Spirit told me to move my car from the driveway to the yard. Now, understand, I have a gravel driveway. I thought it was odd. But the Holy Spirit kept prodding me to move my car to the grass. He didn’t let up. So, I moved it. When we came home two days later, a windstorm had hit and a big maple tree had fallen across the gravel driveway exactly where my car had sat before I moved it.

You have access to that same amazing help, too. The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit is our Counselor. He’s there to help you in life, in business, and in your marriage. But you have to acknowledge him and not lean to your own understanding.

We think we can do it ourselves, but we can’t. We’re not going to do it without prayer. The Holy Spirit will lead you around trouble. He’ll help you win your fights against the enemy. He’ll bring provision. But you have to hear God.

In Matthew 6, Jesus told us how to pray. We call it the Lord’s Prayer. It isn’t just meant to be a picture on the wall. He told us not to babble. Your words and the length of your prayer have absolutely nothing to do with you receiving from the kingdom of God. So, stop begging God. He already knows what you need. He’s waiting on you.

You have to learn how to pray!

Do you want to see change in your life?
    Are there some obstacles you need to overcome?

All of us need to hear God.
    There’s a new way of living and it’s called the kingdom.
    It’s real, and it all starts with prayer.

Credits
    Savings
    In resent years I have pondered just what prayer is, and how it worked.
    I have come to the conclusion that prayer is built into our DNA, a
    communications device like a cellphone or a radio, always on with no
    interference, a direct line to God. It maybe part of the soul, recording our
    every thought, prayer and answer from birth to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce59 View Post
    In resent years I have pondered just what prayer is, and how it worked.
    I have come to the conclusion that prayer is built into our DNA, a
    communications device like a cellphone or a radio, always on with no
    interference, a direct line to God. It maybe part of the soul, recording our
    every thought, prayer and answer from birth to death.
    That is an interesting thought Bruce. God's word tells us to pray without ceasing. I would also encourage you to learn the scriptures and pray his word as you ask. Blessings Doug

Thanks Doug for this message,if we would only listen and obey God's will we would never have the problems we do.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Doug, bless you my brother.

Billy and Harris. you both have a blessed week!

Thank You For Another Wonderful Sermon, I Am Still Looking Andtrying To Follow The Spirit And I Always Ask God For Strength And For Forgiveness When I Fail.
    Semper Fi Doug Godbless You And Your Family

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thank You Doug for the teaching.
    The knowledge and application of prayer is what allows the Holy Spirit to become an audible voice in our lives as believers, and as evidenced in this sermon when we start to properly apply faith-filled prayer in our daily walk with the Lord, the Spirit does as promised become our guide. God's gift to us is the Holy Spirit as a guide and helper. It is necessary in order to know God's will and direction for our lives to cultivate a close and personal relationship with Him through the Spirit, and that is done through prayer. One of my favorites is a blessing I pray often over others especially my family is from Numbers 6:24-26

"The Lord bless you and keep you;The Lord make His face to shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace"

Semper Fi...

Quote Originally Posted by charm1110 View Post
    Thank You Doug for the teaching.
    The knowledge and application of prayer is what allows the Holy Spirit to become an audible voice in our lives as believers, and as evidenced in this sermon when we start to properly apply faith-filled prayer in our daily walk with the Lord, the Spirit does as promised become our guide. God's gift to us is the Holy Spirit as a guide and helper. It is necessary in order to know God's will and direction for our lives to cultivate a close and personal relationship with Him through the Spirit, and that is done through prayer. One of my favorites is a blessing I pray often over others especially my family is from Numbers 6:24-26

"The Lord bless you and keep you;The Lord make His face to shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace"

Semper Fi...

Amen to that Brother.

God bless.

Added thought

Thank you, Doug. Here's an added thought for the day.

Expressing Our Praise To The Lord

BIBLE MEDITATION:
    “I rejoice at Thy Word.” Psalm 119:162

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
    There’s nothing wrong with getting excited in church. I heard about a man who came to a cold church. The preacher said something he agreed with and he said, “Amen.” Everybody turned around and looked at him.

After awhile he said, “Praise the Lord.” Then people arched their eyebrows.

Next time he said “Amen” an usher tapped him on the shoulder to quiet him down.

The usher said, “What is wrong with you?”

He said, “Well, nothing. I’ve just got religion.”

To which the usher curtly replied, “Well, mister, you didn’t get it here.”

It’s easier to cool down a zealot than it is to warm up a corpse.

ACTION POINT:
    What does it mean to make a joyful noise unto the Lord? How do you make a joyful noise to Him . . . not just on Sundays in church, but all week long? Sing one of your favorite hymns throughout the day today.

Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    Thank you, Doug. Here's an added thought for the day.

Expressing Our Praise To The Lord

BIBLE MEDITATION:
    “I rejoice at Thy Word.” Psalm 119:162

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
    There’s nothing wrong with getting excited in church. I heard about a man who came to a cold church. The preacher said something he agreed with and he said, “Amen.” Everybody turned around and looked at him.

After awhile he said, “Praise the Lord.” Then people arched their eyebrows.

Next time he said “Amen” an usher tapped him on the shoulder to quiet him down.

The usher said, “What is wrong with you?”

He said, “Well, nothing. I’ve just got religion.”

To which the usher curtly replied, “Well, mister, you didn’t get it here.”

It’s easier to cool down a zealot than it is to warm up a corpse.

ACTION POINT:
    What does it mean to make a joyful noise unto the Lord? How do you make a joyful noise to Him . . . not just on Sundays in church, but all week long? Sing one of your favorite hymns throughout the day today.
    AMEN!

Thread Information