Looking for PSE
Create Post

Thread: Looking for PSE

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Red face Looking for PSE

Hi: My boyfriend's son just swore in a couple weeks ago, and I was looking for a site that offered positive encouragement and support to the parents, i.e., (mom's ) sort of like the one I found called WingMom's on facebook. My own son just completed his own airforce basic training with honors and he's off to tech school now. I can not tell you how helpful that site was in so many ways. - It need not be necessarily for just moms, but I wanted to look for something for my friend as his son's journey begins.

This is the closest I've found so far. Any suggestions would be surely welcome.

Thank you Marines, for defending my country and our freedom

Last edited by Rocky C; 09-04-12 at 02:57 PM.

Topic closed until you fill out all of your profile besides a first and last name....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum when profile is complete, and topic will be re-opened.

Also, when thanking "Men" for their service to our country, don't forget to thank "Women" for their service to our country.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1. You have come to the right place Welcome.

2. You should have your Boyfriends Son join our Forum since he is a Poolee/DEP and learn alot here.

3. You should have your Boyfriend join us also so he can ask questions and get encouragement and ask questions for his Son.

4. Could you fill out your profile a bit more please. Site Rules.

5. We have a Facebook Page also.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Profile Completed.
    Thread re-opened.

You need not look any further than this forum. You will get frank, focused, and extremely gracious comments to your questions. I have received nothing but generous support from posters since I joined. So ask away and good luck to your boyfriends' son.

This is a good site and we do the best we can to answer questions posted, but to fully answer your question, google parents of Marines in boot camp, for instance, and you will find other recources, too, such as RecruitParents, MarineParents, Boot Parents, Life as a Marine, Marine Recruit Parent's Guide, MarineFamilyNetWork, etc.

Edit: Oh, and for facebook, google Marine family facebook support site and you'll find that, too.

Last edited by MOS4429; 09-04-12 at 06:13 PM. Reason: fb

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will follow-up on those. I do feel I have come to the right place. And just for the record, I do not discriminate. I appreciate all men and women who step forward to serve their country. Thanks again !

www.marinefamilynetwork.com
    They have forums for parents. Each platoon has its own disscussion board for recruit training. Lots of very useful information.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    First time poster here. Our two children are recruits (one 22 y/o Female and one Male,18 y/o) on day T11 at MCRDPI. While they worked out regularly as poolees, my Male recruit is having shin splint problems daily now. Although it was 5 days ago at his last writing, he has not addressed the issue with his Sr. DI. Since I noticed posters and moderators from all walks of Marine life on this forum who were so helpful with *Travis*, I wondered if someone has any positive advice I can pass along if the issue continues. Thank you all for your service to our Country, and here on this forum.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SrqSarah
    Please completely fill out your profile with more than just a name.
    Site rules.
    When that is done I am sure Marines will try and answer your question.

Credits
    Savings
    Hello, I am new to this site and posting so please bear with me. First of all thank you to all Marines, past , present, and future for your service and sacrifice. I am a mom of a recent graduate from Parris Island. My son graduated on Sept. 14 with a meritorious promotion and is now at MCT on camp guard due to graduate at the end of Oct. His MOS is 0600 and I was not told his specific one yet. My questions are how do I find out his MOS and which school will he be attending? Also, while there at Camp Geiger, another Marine told him there is a back up at communications school. How can I find out information on when the schools pick up for him?Thanks for any advice or information you can provide. Anita

SrgSarah.....

I had shinsplints for a couple weeks in recruit training.
    I stuck with it and the annoyance finally cleared up.
    That's just my experience.

Carry on....

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks,chulaivet1966,our son is pushing thru the shinsplints,has had to work thru them before, was given boots that fit better last week. However,he pulled something in his neck on Fri.,9/28 (T10) (also last time he wrote) and was heading to medical. We haven't gotten any calls so I guess it wasn't serious. But he was afraid he was going to miss the 3 kilo hump last Sat. Time will tell. Daughter recruit got the PI crud, but is also doing better.

There are a lot of issues recruits face at bootcamp. They could be medical, physical, mental, homesickness, etc. These are all things that test their committment to earning the title. Let's hope they all make it and are standing on the parade deck graduation day; a day they will never forget and one that will change them forever!

Thread Information