Vision Waiver Probability?
Create Post

Vision Waiver Probability?

Hi I'm planning on joining the Delayed Entree Program and I've already gone down to MEPS in July and finished most of my physical but the doctor said I needed a vision waiver for my eyes. I went in for a consult and they said I had nothing wrong with my eyes except for a high prescription and now I'm waiting on a waiver. But a couple days ago, I went to talk to my recruiters and they said they wanted my optometrist to write a letter telling them that my refract error. My refract error was L: -9.00 R: -9.50 and my Gunnery Sergeant told me that the cut-off was -8.00 for both eyes but he said I might be able to get it waivered off. Has anyone ever had a waiver for vision like this and will I be disqualified? I've wanted to be a Marine for a while now so any advice will be helpful. Thank you!

How about filling out more of your profile......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Are them numbers for glaucoma? Semper Fidelis

How much do I need to fill out?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSupporter5 View Post
    How much do I need to fill out?
    You're fine now....

Well, I'm pretty much blind.. I'm not really sure what my prescription is.. but I knew a guy that got a waiver that was just over the limit. There is hope at least, which is more then I can say for a lot of people.

Best of luck to you,

LCpl Yonkers

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Are them numbers for glaucoma? Semper Fidelis
    No, the numbers are for the diopter spherical equivalent.

Oh I also forgot to mention that my eyes are correctable to 20/20, if that matters. And thank you LCpl. Yonkers!

Last edited by USMCSupporter5; 01-21-12 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank someone.

The best answers you're going to get are if you go and talk with a recruiter face-to-face.
    There is a recruiter or 2 that do frequent this site, hopefully they'll see this and help you out........but most Marines here can only give you advice on what to do and what may or may not happen.
    And none of us know if a waiver will be approved or not, either.

Ah I understand. I am also hopeful that people with prior experience with this waiver will be able to help me out.

Thread Information