And do not get confused and totally screw up a General Order
    Cause a DI is in your face !

You WILL pay
    Spoken from experiance

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    I never made the assumption of it I was only asking. Just the fact that even though it is still in the boundaries of the United States, the depot and it's members need some form of protection, right? What's a nightguard suppose to do if someone breaks through and runs up with a knife? ( I know that wouldn't happen, but you never know in this day and age)

If someone comes at you with a knife, you'd either better have paid attention in MCMAP, or be a fightin' fool with that empty rifle. Otherwise, you're getting pig-stuck.

You never know though. There used to be a Navy boot camp next door to MCRD San Diego (not anymore). There was a big privacy fence dividing the two facilities. What we didn't know (the DIs did) was the Navy had put a big ladder up on their side of the fence and told their recruits to go that way if they had a need to go UA.

One night my platoon had the interior guard detail. That privacy fence post was a two-recruit post (most were just one recruit back then). In the middle of the night two shadows dropped into MCRD over the fence and were spotted by the two Marine Recruits, who fixed bayonets and challenged (up close and personal) the two Navy recruits trying to go UA.

Two Navy guys in custody and they PT'd for the Sgt of the Guard (our Heavy DI) for about an hour before the MPs showed up. Two very sad sugar cookies went back to the Navy.

As said before, the rifles are all unloaded; the only time you get live ammo is at the rifle range, and they search you for saved rounds after every day that you go through a course of fire.

I do know that MCT used to give their Marines live rounds when guarding the armory; that ended after one too many privates decided to give themselves a lead sandwich on Burst.

These days, the only people who actually get rounds on guard duty are gate guards (MPs or other people who are FAPed to the Provost Marshall's command) and NCOs who are in a duty billet that involves keeping security of a facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    someone breaks through and runs up with a knife? ( I know that wouldn't happen, but you never know in this day and age)
    Actually, it could happen. Anything is possible.

I thank you for the information Marines!

Thread Information