Standing as night guard
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Standing as night guard

I was watching a video on Boot Camp, and out of curiosity, do recruits standing as night guard carry live ammunition in their rifle?

No. I have never heard of them carrying live rounds.

Not in boot camp,Semper Fidelis.

Thank you for the information Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    I was watching a video on Boot Camp, and out of curiosity, do recruits standing as night guard carry live ammunition in their rifle?
    No, never.

Thanks Dan. Hey, I finally got things going with my recruiter, I should be going to MEPS within the next few weeks, wish me luck.

Thanks Dan. Hey, I finally got things going with my recruiter, I should be going to MEPS within the next few weeks, wish me luck.
    Awesome and good luck

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

You'll post firewatch, which sucks, but during 2nd Phase youll do a week of Interior guard where you and another Recruit post and walk around a certain area with a Condition 4 rifle aka not loaded with no mag inserted.

Not any fun either.....

"Good evening sir, Recruit so and so reports post 1 for Platoon 1234. Security checks are currently in progress. The platoon is currently engaged in taps. Nothing new or unusual has occured during this Recruits tour of duty." DI Carry on.....You Carry on aye sir......good evening sir....

Yea.....fun

Yeah you get the rifle but it's empty and it's generally old as hell.

Do you know how many people would be accidentally shot if they gave recruits live ammunition at night? lol

"Yeah you get the rifle but it's empty and it's generally old as hell."

Right around when I left they stopped using A2's... now recruits get brand newish A4s.

No. You don't get any live ammo. You haven't even got the title until the end of bootcamp. What makes you think you get live ammo on nightwatch?

Quote Originally Posted by sqhiptar View Post
    No. You don't get any live ammo. You haven't even got the title until the end of bootcamp. What makes you think you get live ammo on nightwatch?
    I never made the assumption of it I was only asking. Just the fact that even though it is still in the boundaries of the United States, the depot and it's members need some form of protection, right? What's a nightguard suppose to do if someone breaks through and runs up with a knife? ( I know that wouldn't happen, but you never know in this day and age)

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-18-12 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

Bornagain........unless things have changed, which I'm sure they haven't, recruits DO NOT stand guard at any of the gates at either depots. That job is left to Marine MP's or whatever they call civilian cops these days.
    Also, unless this has changed, and this could be different for male and female recruits...........the security watch that recruits stand are in and around their own squad bays at night.

What you need to learn on how to stand fire and security watch, will all be taught to you by your Drill Instructors.
    One piece of advice on standing fire and security watch.......LEARN your 11 GENERAL ORDERS! You'll never know when you'll be challenged and have to rattle of one of them.

Thread Information