How do I make it to my ship date? /:
Closed Thread
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How do I make it to my ship date? /:

I am currently in the DEP and i acquired 11 criminal charges. 3 felonies, 6 misdimeanors and 2 misconducts. the felonies were dismissed without any probation or time served, one misconduct was dismissed and the other, assault and battery was lessened to only an assault charge (no battery). In this deal with the D.A and Judge I plead guilty to 3 midimeanors, threat to commit a crime, tagging property and defacing property. My punishment was 1 year probation, anger management class and 340$ fine for the defacing. In my court docs there is nothinng said about the USMC or being in the DEP or my ship date being june 25th. But in the court room my attorney made it clear that i would be shipping on that date, so the judge said that he would end the probation (very) early [(IF) the fines and court fees were paid and the anger management completed], on June 20th so that i would be technically eligible to ship on my designated date. My problem now lies with my recruiters which are very unhappy and are not going to give me the easily obtainable waivers for these three misdimeanors, and are going to discharge me... So my options from doing research are try and convince my recruiter's boss tomorrow at 10am to get the waivers, convince my recruiter's boss to transfer me to another recruiting office so that they don't have to deal with the waivers, or go above my recruiter's boss and request an interview with the Commanding Officer... PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE 10am tomorrow!! I can not sleep so I will be awaiting any and all advice. Thank You for anybody with the willingness to give me a shot.(not my recruiter)

p.s i've spoken to them on the phone and they keep telling me "no, there's no chance". So......

Listen to your recruiters......

How the heck did you get yourself into sooo much trouble........didn't you listen when they told you NOT to get into any trouble?

Medical/Mental/Criminal/Tattoo Waivers/Lying to MEPS...READ THIS FIRST
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

Criminal History Waivers
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...minal.-um-.htm

I opened this back up to add:

1: The waivers are not 'easily obtainable'.

2: With this much criminal history, no matter IF the charges were dismissed or downgraded, the Marine Corps looks at the WHOLE person concept. You screwed up big time. It is VERY unlikely they are going to even consider granting a waiver at this time. Furthermore, NOTHING will be granted or even CONSIDERED while you are on probation of ANY KIND. Period. No amount of begging, pleading, or anything else is going to get that changed.

3: You'll be (rightfully) discharged from the DEP.

4: The process, once you have completed probation, paid all fines, etc etc, begins all over again from 'square one'.

5: Totally up to the recruiters at that point, but quite frankly, don't hold your breath as your forseeable future, for the next several YEARS at least, does NOT include the Marine Corps. Other branches, possibly. But not 'us'.

6: Don't waste your time asking to speak with the CO. You got your answer.

Re-opened for the good of the order and as a lesson to others. Screw up, pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgi View Post
    I am currently in the DEP and i acquired 11 criminal charges. 3 felonies, 6 misdimeanors and 2 misconducts. the felonies were dismissed without any probation or time served, one misconduct was dismissed and the other, assault and battery was lessened to only an assault charge (no battery). In this deal with the D.A and Judge I plead guilty to 3 midimeanors, threat to commit a crime, tagging property and defacing property. My punishment was 1 year probation, anger management class and 340$ fine for the defacing. In my court docs there is nothinng said about the USMC or being in the DEP or my ship date being june 25th. But in the court room my attorney made it clear that i would be shipping on that date, so the judge said that he would end the probation (very) early [(IF) the fines and court fees were paid and the anger management completed], on June 20th so that i would be technically eligible to ship on my designated date. My problem now lies with my recruiters which are very unhappy and are not going to give me the easily obtainable waivers for these three misdimeanors, and are going to discharge me... So my options from doing research are try and convince my recruiter's boss tomorrow at 10am to get the waivers, convince my recruiter's boss to transfer me to another recruiting office so that they don't have to deal with the waivers, or go above my recruiter's boss and request an interview with the Commanding Officer... PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE 10am tomorrow!! I can not sleep so I will be awaiting any and all advice. Thank You for anybody with the willingness to give me a shot.(not my recruiter)

p.s i've spoken to them on the phone and they keep telling me "no, there's no chance". So......
    Sounds to me like someone's never going to be a Marine..... dumbass. You were in the DEP and you fvcked up... what did you think was going to happen, all would be forgiven? These posts are just getting stupider every day. Plus there is nothing we can do for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Military service is a privilege, not a right. If the recruiters want to wash their hands of you, they can. You can also bet that they have discussed your case with their bosses and know their mind. That is: good bye and thanks for all the fish.

If you are looking for someone to blame in all of this, look in the mirror.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    If you can't make it in the civilian life, what makes you think you can hack it in the military life.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Friday, December 30, 2011

Quabbin wrestler faces vandalism, assault charges

BARRE — A member of the Quabbin Regional High School wrestling team was arraigned on seven charges Wednesday after he allegedly vandalized the school and assaulted his mother in the parking lot.

Police said Sean Giorgi of 346 Old Coldbrook Road, Barre, was seen on the school’s video surveillance system wearing a distinctive watch and his wrestling pants while using his hands to smear paint on doors and construction equipment. According to court documents, Mr. Giorgi painted a penis, and the initials of another wrestler he’s been harassing, in the parking lot and wrote the words “Hurry up” on a construction lift. Police also found several areas where the word, “Seniors” had been written.

According to the police report, Mr. Giorgi allegedly sent a text message to a friend while he was vandalizing the school telling him he was “Painting the floors. Seniors everywhere.” The vandalism was discovered Dec. 14.

When police questioned him, they noticed he had sideburns like the man in the video and was wearing a similar watch. He told them he had paint on his hands from art class. Other students told police the “gangster font” used in some of the vandalism was one Mr. Giorgi has used in the past.

Officers summoned Mr. Giorgi’s mother to the school when they questioned him because he is not 18 and when the two left, bus drivers told police they saw Mr. Giorgi hitting his mother. He also kicked out the window of her vehicle, the report states.

Police tracked down the car and arrested Mr. Giorgi charging him with intimidation of a witness and assault and battery. He was later charged with malicious destruction of property valued at more than $250, vandalizing a school, tagging property, vandalizing a sign and trespassing.

He was released on bail and must wear a monitoring device. He is due back in court on Feb. 7.

Teach ya not to assault your mama.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I thought this one sounded familiar. We had a thread on this exact case last week.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107814

Last edited by Zulu 36; 01-12-12 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Add old thread URL

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I thought this one sounded familiar. We had a thread on this exact case last week.
    Yep Chris....same kid....different alibi!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    UNBELEIVABLE.
    Makes me sick to read this.

Nuff said.

Last edited by Rocky C; 01-12-12 at 08:38 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Went from being not guilty on everything to guilty on some of the stuff, but "only" assault and not battery, etc. Big whoop. Semantics.

He's lucky he lives in 2012. When I was his age if I had hit my mother, SHE would have beaten me unconscious with a baseball bat and my father would have crippled me for life and prevented me from reproducing. As you know, beating your kids was OK back then.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Time to Lock this thread up...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107814

That's why I locked it, and I think Sgt Leprechaun re-opened this one by accident.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bump...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I opened this back up to add:

1: The waivers are not 'easily obtainable'.

2: With this much criminal history, no matter IF the charges were dismissed or downgraded, the Marine Corps looks at the WHOLE person concept. You screwed up big time. It is VERY unlikely they are going to even consider granting a waiver at this time. Furthermore, NOTHING will be granted or even CONSIDERED while you are on probation of ANY KIND. Period. No amount of begging, pleading, or anything else is going to get that changed.

3: You'll be (rightfully) discharged from the DEP.

4: The process, once you have completed probation, paid all fines, etc etc, begins all over again from 'square one'.

5: Totally up to the recruiters at that point, but quite frankly, don't hold your breath as your forseeable future, for the next several YEARS at least, does NOT include the Marine Corps. Other branches, possibly. But not 'us'.

6: Don't waste your time asking to speak with the CO. You got your answer.

Re-opened for the good of the order and as a lesson to others. Screw up, pay the price.

Thread Information