Intel Marines?
Create Post

Thread: Intel Marines?

Question Intel Marines?

Hi, I've searched the forum and couldn't find a direct answer to this question so if it has been covered I apologize.

A friend of mine who is an 0231 has told me all about his experience within that field and being that my contract is for that job my ears were open because I want all the information I can get.

Now he told me that once he reached MOS school in VA, it was a lot of memorization and such. He also said that they ranked the top 5 or 10 Marines in his class to basically choose where to be stationed, and with the station they chose they knew what division they would be working with. I'm not sure if that's making sense but basically I want to know:

- What are the different divisions and what are they about? (my friend is in the infantry division and said when he was in Afghanistan he basically went out with the infantry guys. He told me being that I'm a female that option isn't open to me, but that I should choose the Air Wing division because they other ones are pretty boring.)

also,
    - What kind of studying/work do you do while in MOS school? I heard a lot of power points and memorization?

Like I said this is all information I was given and being that I'm not really too sure what he was talking about at times so I apologize if anything written above is false or worded wrong. I'm not expecting to be able to choose where I'm stationed but it doesn't hurt to know. Any information is appreciated so Intel Marines please let me know! Thanks a lot!

Thank you. I saw that post did answer my question for the most part after I posted. But one thing it didn't answer is about the "divisions". I'm still curious about that as well.

Don't bank on 'not going' whereever. 0231 Marines get assigned EVERYwhere, Infantry, Air Wing, Logistics.

Do some more research on basic military (and Esp. Marine) terminology. Division, Regiment, Battalion, Company.

Wing, Group, Squadron.

Etc. That will also help you down the road if you decide to go 0231.

Are enlisting under the general "intel" program? (I don't remember the digraph code) If that is that case, you are not guaranteed 0231. You are guaranteed any eligible MOS within the 0200 or 2600 occupational fields.

DD is guaranteed Intel.

Thread Information