Out of country HS diploma question
Create Post

Out of country HS diploma question

I've seen the sticky about Ged/diploma/college credit questions etc. but it doesn't really answer my question.

Im trying to enlist but I only have a high school diploma from Mexico. How would that work in my case? do Marines accept it? or would I still need to enroll and get 15 college credits?

I've been working really hard to get in shape plus Im 26 years old and this is something I've always wanted to do but couldn't until recently.

Not yet. I guess I'm going to have to wait until tuesday when they're open

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Im trying to enlist
    If you are trying to enlist you are not a poolee....you need to have been to MEPS and have a tentative shipdate.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    If you are trying to enlist you are not a poolee....you need to have been to MEPS and have a tentative shipdate.

Good luck in your endeavors.
    Im not really sure why its showing Poolee/Dep under my username. I was wondering about that. Maybe a mod can change that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JGutierrez View Post
    Im not really sure why its showing Poolee/Dep under my username. I was wondering about that. Maybe a mod can change that for me.
    PM Sgt Leprechaun... for some reason the regular mods can't do it still.

As for your problem, I've known a lot of people that have gotten in with weirder things... hell I even know a mexican guy that wasn't even a US citizen... so.. I think your chances are alright.. as long as you're qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by JGutierrez View Post
    I've seen the sticky about Ged/diploma/college credit questions etc. but it doesn't really answer my question.

Im trying to enlist but I only have a high school diploma from Mexico. How would that work in my case? do Marines accept it? or would I still need to enroll and get 15 college credits?

I've been working really hard to get in shape plus Im 26 years old and this is something I've always wanted to do but couldn't until recently.
    Your recruiter will have to have your high school diploma evaluated by a local community college. Some transfer directly, some do not. I have dealt with a few from various countries, unfortunately none from Mexico. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    Your recruiter will have to have your high school diploma evaluated by a local community college. Some transfer directly, some do not. I have dealt with a few from various countries, unfortunately none from Mexico. Good luck.
    That's correct. I contacted my recruiter today and he told me I would need to take my diploma to a local community college and get it translated, then I would need to bring him the translated document and he would give me an evaluation test (English and Math) and then we would go from there.

Thank you for all the answers Marines.

Thread Information