197 days until Parris Island and I'm a female soft body
Create Post

Exclamation 197 days until Parris Island and I'm a female soft body

Any suggestions? I try to go to the usual PT every week but I'm always the last one, I can't do one complete push up, I can maybe do flex arm hang for about 5 seconds (on a good day), running? Yeah okay, that's a dream, jogging is hard for me! Plus, the sit ups! I can maybe get to about 25, then I get tired and have to dig deep for the other 20 and barely make 40. I know my food intake is crappy, I know I'm not doing anything right. What I think I need is a schedule. Some one to give me something to stick with and make sure I'm doing what I need to do to be the best. I WANT to be a Marine, I need help.

Sounds like you got most of it already figured out.

-Get off of the crappy food intake. Eat a controlled amount of food, watch your calorie intake, watch WHAT type of calories you've taken in.

-Keep going to PT, and hell, how about working out even when you aren't at PT? Look up workouts on how to complete more push ups or on how to do a longer flex arm hang.

-So, if you can't run, or jog, just start walking... Fast paced walking, and every once in a while, add in a quick sprint.

-When you are at boot camp, you aren't going to have someone next to you helping you out, except your fellow recruits, and even they can't help you when the DI is standing in front of you telling you to give her another 20.

Motivate yourself. Think of what you will be if you push yourself. A Marine.

Keep it up! You'll get it.

Change your diet and push yourself!

As my heavy hat use to say during PT/CFT, "make it hurt now so youll gain the benefits from it later"

As for the run my Chief DI would say to the Lead series,"The faster you run the faster you get it done and get to rest."

All true facts.....trust me

Think about how much you want to earn that title. You should get yourself on a good healthy diet, and drink alot of water. I had problems with the running and I found out that drinking a lot of water and jogging at least half hr a day helps a lot!
    Never give up.
    I leave in 2 weeks and I still can't meet weight, im underweight. But thats not going to stop me from becoming a Marine, thats how you have to think.

You have plenty of time to get into shape. Suck at sit ups? Do sit ups every night before you go to bed. Set your alarm 2 minutes from then and do as many as you can.

Can't run? Go to a gym and strength train with weights on your legs, or go swimming and run laps. Also work your core muscles.

Always stretch before and after a workout.

Also don't be one of the females that quit! A lot do these days. The fewer n prouder n all that.

Last edited by Yonkers; 01-13-12 at 03:46 PM.

Thread Information