Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    How do I post a pic?

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Let's see how funny Lep thinks it is when he bans me from the site. LOL.
    Just thought he would get a kick out of it, thats all. and greenygirl, you do what you want...but just be mindful of where you put it...I pout a lot of thought into what i wanted and where to put it...and I am glad where I put it...maybe ask your family what they think first since you are doing it in there honor?

Credits
    Savings
    But I wonder how I do that from my iphone

Credits
    Savings
    You asked for thoughts-----
    A young lady without tattoos is much more attractive than the counter

You may limit your employment opportunities later ----

I was turned down for a part time gig as a valet because of two small tattoos
    Thier loss right ?
    Well there you are in a short short

Credits
    Savings
    Wow for valet?! That's crazy...I have agreed in the past when it came to tattoos on women but recently have a slight change in my opinions on that, I think it just depends in the individual, some ppl go a little overboard but what's overboard to me might be considered very little to someone else so it's all a matter I beauty being in the eye of the beholder I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You asked for thoughts-----
    A young lady without tattoos is much more attractive than the counter

You may limit your employment opportunities later ----

I was turned down for a part time gig as a valet because of two small tattoos
    Their loss right ?
    Well there you are in a short short

You got to be chitting me!! they wouldn't hire you cause of a tat.
    WOW I have a tat on my for arm and when allot of people see it they say Semper Fi Marine. I even been asked to help out on security jobs cause they see my tattoo. Go figure.

I also agree a Lady without tats is much more prettier than someone with them..

Credits
    Savings
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3generations.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	9354
    my grandfather, my dad, and my twin brother's graduation pictures

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Earn the right to wear the EGA. That should be honor enough for the men in the photos.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    What is this, Billy, Comedy Corner or Tattoo Advice.
    Just saying, a persons beauty isn't defined by body art. All my kids still came me daddy, and my grand kids call me poppy. Same thing they would call me if I didn't have tattoos. What else matters?

What I am about to say is so very out of vogue that it will seem like it was written in 1300 B.C. ----but---you may be a "blank canvas" but you don't have to have anything drawn on you. And remember, it is for keeps, unless you don't mind some painful removal procedures later on in life should you change your mind.
    I'm not going to tell you what's popular nowadays. I'm going to give you some advice, as you asked. But it will be quite against the grain of today's society.
    There are many other ways to honor the Corps and your family, and one of them is to do it in your own mind. If that is not sufficient, there are many other ways other than tattoos. If you think about it, you could come up with many other ways, tangible and intangible.
    All that said, when I had imbibed a quantity of alchohol while in a Navy cryptology school in 1964 (I know, just after the Civil War)----a group of us, all Marines, got tattoos. But we got them way up on the arm, so a T-shirt or regular dress shirt covers it. We did it because we wanted a tattoo but we also wanted it somewhere where WE could choose to display it to others as desired.
    The grand total of the price was a whopping $4.50. But as I said, we had depleted the base enlisted men's club of much alcohol prior to this trip into Pensacola, Florida.

So I did get a tattoo, but it was small, and easily covered up.

As I say, my point of view is about as popular with today's crowd as maintaining that the Earth is as flat as a pancake, but that is my 2 cents or 98 cents. LOL

But by all means, give it some serious thought prior to doing anything, and it looks like you are being careful about hasty decisions. But good luck to you whatever you decide

I agree with this advice wholeheartedly.

I recall on weekends at MOS school young Marines going out in town, getting drunk, and coming back with you name it tatooed. At one point I decided that I would get something "Marine Corps related" but I also wanted it not visible on a daily basis. When it came down to it, I decided I just didn't like the idea of injecting ink into my body and decided against it.

Now, I don't got back to 1300 B.C., only 1000 B.C., but today in 2012 A.D. I am very glad I did NOT get a tatoo.

That said, it IS a personal decision, one that I think needs to be weighed carefully because of its permanence.

In the end, if you decide that you are going to get a tatoo, my advice would be start small, and place it in an area that does not stand out. That way, if you later regret it, well...it won't be so bad, but if you get a big tatoo across the forehead, hey, guess what? Too bad.

You might laugh at that, but I see a lot of tatoos in my line of work, as Dave does too, I am sure, and yeah, I've seen them across the forehead, whole head, you name it, ink is injected there.

Good luck with this decision.

Melisa has family members who were/are Marines which makes her family here too.

My personal opinion is body art/piercings only detract from the appearance of an attractive young lady. If you get one, at least put it in an inconspicuous place; that way, you are still obtaining your objective without deterring your professional appearance.

If I were an employer and had two applicants with identical resumes, I would hire the one without any visible tattoos...just my preference and my perogative.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok I'm thinking I'm not gonna do it now, u guys makin me feel like if I do get one im gonna be condemned! LOL just kiddin but in all honesty I was on the fence, I kind of enjoy knowing I'm part of a very small number of women my age without any tattoos, but my husband has them and he also likes them on women and I have recently seen the appeal myself but only on a given few women when done tactfully...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOW,
    This is a lively Thread.
    I am enjoying reading all the comments.

Welcome to the Forum Melisa.

Go with what Your Heart tells you.

I myself have 67 Tattoos. Almost all of them done with Bamboo from the Masters.

Beautiful Artwork but then again, I'm a male Marine and you are a Women.

IMHO, the Best spot that is very tasteful is something small behind the left or right ear.
    That way you can hide it when you want to with your long hair.

My Daughter has 3 tiny stars there.

Best of Luck in your decision.

Rocky

Last edited by Rocky C; 01-09-12 at 05:56 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    I love ones behind the ear I think it's cute

Thread Information