Tattoo advise needed - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good deal. Glad we can help. My only request is that IF you get one, after you do, post it up.

Talk about an unpopular opinion...here goes! What happened to honoring your father and grandfather by being a good person, who makes a positive impact on those around them, and by doing so is someone that said father and grandfather would be proud of. That, young lady, is honoring someone in a meaningful way. Having an image permanently engraved into your skin just doesn't send the same message. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    Talk about an unpopular opinion...here goes! What happened to honoring your father and grandfather by being a good person, who makes a positive impact on those around them, and by doing so is someone that said father and grandfather would be proud of. That, young lady, is honoring someone in a meaningful way. Having an image permanently engraved into your skin just doesn't send the same message. Just my humble opinion.
    Wow! Ok there Mr. Buzzkill. You just took the conversation to a place that I don't think anyone else was even thinking about. Just because she gets a tattoo honoring the service of her family doesn't mean that she also doesn't want to do them proud by the way she conducts herself.

think about how a tat will look when you're old and every thing is sagging.God made you beautiful as you are-leave well enough alone.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer56328 View Post
    Wow! Ok there Mr. Buzzkill. You just took the conversation to a place that I don't think anyone else was even thinking about. Just because she gets a tattoo honoring the service of her family doesn't mean that she also doesn't want to do them proud by the way she conducts herself.
    I'm merely pointing out that she can honor her family and husband without marking up her body. In no way did I mean, nor did I imply, that she will conduct herself in a manner unbecoming a decent person. Sheesh...

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I appreciate all thoughts and opinions, I'm already honoring them in that way though YLD but I do want to permanently mark up my boy with something like that because it does mean something that I will never regret Larkin in me, as far as when I'm old with saggy skin etc who cares what te tattoo looks like then let alone how my body will look then! LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Oh my gosh the auto spell check on this phone sucks! Ok body not boy and putting not Larkin!

Credits
    Savings
    Boomer is right but so are u usmc1963

Here's a great idea. It's your body, do what you want to it. You are the one who has to live with it.

Credits
    Savings
    Lmaoo

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubawatcher View Post
    think about how a tat will look when you're old and every thing is sagging.God made you beautiful as you are-leave well enough alone.
    When I was young, I was ugly, And had tattoo's. Now I'm just old and ugly, and still have them.

Credits
    Savings
    Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhhhahahhhhhhhhh

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    You can do something 'military like' or even in support of the same, but as soon as you put an EGA, Devil Dog, or anything else 'related' on you, people will 'azzume' (wrongly) that you are/were a Marine. That is when things will not go well when they find out you are not.

However, an idea comes to mind:

An EGA with your relatives names/ranks BELOW it. Make the EGA smaller, enclose the names (which should be larger) inside a scroll or some other design. THAT way, when people ask, you can tell them the story.

You can also do 'meat tags' doing the same thing.

It really all depends on where you put it, how you display it, etc. But remember, anything that is "USMC" related is going to cause you much hate and discontent without some sort of explaining directly ON/around the tat.

Just my 2c
    this is off subject from the post...but I do have a tattoo of leperchaun on my leg..it can only be seen in a bathing suit...It is something that is personal to me, you have to remember years from now, if it is something that you will want on your body for the rest of your life....and where I have this...when I am old and grey, nobody will ever see it....

Last edited by Lisa 23; 01-09-12 at 11:27 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Credits
    Savings
    Thats what I was wondering

Last edited by Zgreeneyedgirl; 01-09-12 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Spelt wrong

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Marinemom, if I may interject here with the fervent hope that the tattoo you speak of is not of SGT Leprechaun, the erstwhile main moderator of this site.
    Ha ha No of course not! Got it way before ever on this site...it was in honor of my very Irish grandmother...she loved quirky things like that..I showed to her while she was in hospice, and she absolutely loved it.

Thread Information