Tattoo advise needed - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

i was thinking more along the lines of something like this...

Credits
    Savings
    [quote=USMC1963;831812]Another out of control thread, Top---that's what makes some of them fun.[/quote

What ?????? Lead by example?????
    We're all like Alfred E Newman.
    "What, me worry ?"

Bimbo's and ink
    Poolees and ink
    Boots and ink
    Dummys and ink

I used to laugh when asking prisoners if they had any tats or body art .....

One of the kids in a unit i was in for a while, had been a mortiticians assistant,, had cut and drain spots marked for his artwork,, he found it
    funny at least.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zgreeneyedgirl View Post
    I have an idea, how bout all who were about this thread, how bout we all meet up and get a tattoo together!
    I have been thinking about getting a shamrock to accompany my leperchaun...but this is very high up on my leg...so not many people see it...something that is personal to me.

Credits
    Savings
    I am so glad my son never got a tatoo.. he wanted one at 16...i took him to the tattoo shop..and said remember this permannt...what you do at 16 will be there at 60, he changed his mind. Then was going to get one on leave from boot, but I talked him out of it then too, so glad i did... and then another time on leave he was going to get one, he made that decision to not get one. He said he wants to wait, until he is mature enough to know what he wants.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a shamrock to accompany my leperchaun...but this is very high up on my leg...so not many people see it...something that is personal to me.
    Is the leprechauns name "Lucky"?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Is the leprechauns name "Lucky"?
    I haven't given him a name, but i do call him my lucky leperchaun.....havn't really seen any good luck though lol.....

Credits
    Savings
    Our's wants one as well, we're attempting to get him to consider the cost, as they are not cheap! We've asked him to at least wait, as he doesn't know what other expenses he'll have in the near future, as he's only just arrived at his MOS. Plus, depending upon the size, they take a long time to heal, and unless treated daily, infection's have happened, staph being one of them.

IF he just HAS to have one, have him look at the tattooist's past work (he/she should have what they've done in a binder). Also, have him make sure the needle's (yes, n-e-e-d-l-e-'s! 5-7 of them) are new! Below is a guideline I used years ago when I got my own.
    If applicable be sure the tattoo shop is a state/county licensed business for giving tattoos. In most states this means that the shop has an autoclave on premises that passes spore tests on a regular basis. An autoclave is the same machine that hospitals use to sterilize equipment. Tattoo grips, tubes, and needles all should be sterilized in an autoclave. However many artist purchase pre-sterilized needles and tube/grips are also available in disposable sterilized packaging.
    Be sure the tattoo shop has been around for a while. That way if you have a problem you will have a better chance of that shop still being around in a year. Tattoo shops pop up and disappear often within two years, as is the case with many new businesses. If you are going to a newly opened shop it should be because the artist is well established and known. I would also recommend that the business owner (or at least one of them) is a tattooist.
    Check the general cleanliness of the shop. If the shop is dirty chances are what is being used on you could be dirty or just not as clean as it could be. This includes the seat you are sitting in could have left over body fluid from the last client - ICK and dangerous! Check the bathroom too.
    NEVER get a tattoo at a house or tat party. Think of it this way - would you get surgery in a friend's house? The price might be cheaper than a shop but look at all the trouble and decease you might be buying.
    In some states tattoos or tattoos administered in a home are illegal. Both you and the artist can go to jail if caught.
    I would also recommend contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area about the shop. You might find out some interesting things

Credits
    Savings
    Btw, If he does really want to get a tat, he might need permission from his CO to do so. And, IF he gets one, and it gets infected, he could see charges of "damage to U.S.Gov't Property", as once he took the oath, he became U.S. Gov't property.

Also, getting one hurts!! The outline is done first, then the filling in of the chosen color's. Depending on the size of the tat, 45 minute's to a couple of hour's of enduring pain worse than any shot he could get! His skin will be like "pizza" scrapes on asphalt, but colored in.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    Btw, If he does really want to get a tat, he might need permission from his CO to do so. And, IF he gets one, and it gets infected, he could see charges of "damage to U.S.Gov't Property", as once he took the oath, he became U.S. Gov't property.

Also, getting one hurts!! The outline is done first, then the filling in of the chosen color's. Depending on the size of the tat, 45 minute's to a couple of hour's of enduring pain worse than any shot he could get! His skin will be like "pizza" scrapes on asphalt, but colored in.
    I really don't think he wants one anymore, I think it was a phase. Seems that is the first thing they want to do after Boot, but I am so glad he didn't. Not saying he won't get one eventually, but for now this phase has passed lol. I remember when I got mine....the urge not to pick at it...about killed me haha. But thanks for all the advice!

Credits
    Savings
    Well, I used to teach "Life and Health" in West TN. year's ago, and getting a tat can be hazardous if one isn't aware of all the potential's. Staph being the least of the problems, Hepatitis and HIV being the worst if the needle's are not as clean as they SHOULD be.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    Marinemom, if I may interject here with the fervent hope that the tattoo you speak of is not of SGT Leprechaun, the erstwhile main moderator of this site.
    Ya'll.....I swear.....NO it is NOT of me. I promise.

Oh, and I do NOT have a 'Leprechaun' tat LOL. However, I do have 2, both from Subic Bay, PI, first in 85, next in 87. Both cost me a total of 10 bucks (each). One is "USMC" in old english on the left bicep, the other is 'Death before Dishonor' on the right forearm. Both done with bamboo needles not electric. The 'USMC" is still as bright and clear as the day it was put on. "DbD", not so much.

I still say if you are going to do it, nothing wrong with it as long as it's done with class and you aren't carrying more ink than the Constitution LOL. But that's just me

LOL. My 'USMC' is above sleeve line. The other is not. But never kept me from getting a job or anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Illuminatti tattoo thread ?????

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I was always told if you rub a leprechaun it brings luck......

Is there any truth in that?

Thread Information