Questions about 0321 training
Create Post

Questions about 0321 training

I am a recent boot camp graduate and am an 0300 w/ a guaranteed recon option. Basically after I finish ITB, which I don't start until 20120131, if I'm lucky, I will go to MART then to BRC. My questions are for Marines who have been to MART and BRC...what is the training environment like, as in are we going to get off base libo when we're not in the field and are we going to get time to go to the gym when were not training like the POG's do? Also, are we going to get to stay in actual barracks rooms instead of squad bays?

After BRC are Marines sent to the fleet to either 1st 2nd or 3rd Recon Bns, or will Marines have to complete Jump, Dive and SERE schools before they get their actual duty station?

I know I have alot of questions, mostly because as a new PFC in the Corps all of the answers that I get usually are along the lines of "That's IF you even make it" but I was just wondering what kind of things I can look foreword to IF I make it through MART and BRC.

Thanks for any answers and Semper FI!

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    You seem more concerned about Libo and living space than training based on your post..

All of those questions should have been asked and answered prior to you ever leaving for boot...

OK, the FIRST thing I've done is change you from 'poolee' to Marine.

There are Marines here who have the 0321 MOS or are well aware of the pipeline, so likely as not, they'll be more qualified than I, but from what I understand, here is what is 'likely' to happen:

1: You'll get orders to report to one of the Battalions. Doesn't matter which. From there, you'll get Pre-Indoc'd, RIP, or whatever it's called. Make it through that, you'll get assigned to a Platoon. From there, you'll basically wait in line behind others more senior to you, for schools. Be that ARS, Jump, Dive, or whatever. But expect to pretty much be training your azz off for the next two years, before ever deploying. IF you get the chance to deploy, great, but don't count on it.

2: Almost everyone these days, even recon, lives in 3 Marine rooms. No choice as to roomies.

3: Gym time is on your own. You'll get plenty of 'workouts' during your day to day training.

Thank you Sgt. that is the way that I understood it to be but was just looking for a little clarification just because of all of the rumors that go around the squad bay among the other 03's about Recon training.

Instead of listening to the scuttlebut that other 03's are saying; or worrying about your living accomdations or liberty; I believe that if I was in your boot's that I would be in the gym; running; etc; plus being concerned about getting thru the mental requirements and interviews.

Recon is as much mental as it is physical. I've witnessed many young Marines or more experienced Marines wash out because of the interviews.

Suggest that you get your priorities straight.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'd also be careful what you say about POGs. You are just one twisted ankle or knee away from being a POG yourself.

LOL. Or a lateral move.....

Beginning with BRC class 2-12 Recon Marines will once again be pipe-lined through Dive, Jump, and SERE upon completion of BRC. You better start swimming 'cause your gonna get destroyed in the pool during RIP and BRC in order to get you ready for dive school. I'd also imagine attrition rates going through the roof and that if you make it you'll spend several months in a holding platoon waiting to get school slots.

Not true. Only SERE and Jump. Dive comes later.

You think you want a barracks room, so you can run and hide, but living in the squad bay was one of the best parts of RTP.

Don't forget a bag of Doritos.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldcammies View Post
    Not true. Only SERE and Jump. Dive comes later.

You think you want a barracks room, so you can run and hide, but living in the squad bay was one of the best parts of RTP.

Don't forget a bag of Doritos.
    Absolutely correct. Where does all the miscommunication come from? Seems that the scuttlebutt is working overtime. I'm waiting for someone to say that they are upset because they have to lay on the hard ground to sleep.

Credits
    Savings
    Libo ? Quarters ?

Guaranteed Recon ?

You may be guaranteed a slot to train with Recon. There are wash outs -----
    As you eat sleep and live the Recon life all niceties self destruct

Thread Information