Marine Arrogance - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If you can do it, it ain't braggin! It's hard to be humble when you are a United States Marine

Semper Fi !!!!

Well told. Bravo Zulu! S/F...

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper03020805 View Post
    Well told. Bravo Zulu! S/F...
    Semper Fi Capt.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can remember driving down too Ft.Bragg...Jan.1970...Wearing My Dress Blues and just too Rub it their Face...I was wearing My Jump Boots Spit Shined so Mirror Like You could See Your Smile in them This Army Ranger/ Green Beret...Asked Me how I buffed My Jump Wings sooo Good that You could not See tha ParaChute Cords...I goes it's a FORCE RECON Thang.I was strutting 'round that Base Like A F**king Rooster 4 Rows of Ribbons and Drinking Beer with My Daddy Who Ran The SERE School there at tha time,Yeah I was And Still Am a Very Humble MARINE (LMFAO) S/F

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    EbonyMarine4Lyf, tell me...... how can a Marine get to the rank of 1st Sgt in 14 years?

About EbonyMarine4Lyf

First Name
    Tyrelleus
    Last Name
    Washington
    Rank
    E-8
    Do you own a business?
    No
    Where did you attend bootcamp?
    MCRD San Diego
    Year Entered Marine corps
    Year Exited Marine Corps
    Wars and conflicts you were in involved in?
    Iraqi Freedom II, Enduring Freedom
    Current City
    NY
    Current State
    New York
    Hometown
    NY
    Home State
    New York
    Interests
    Smoking, drinking, dipping, gambling.
    Favorite Quote
    It's not what your country can do for you, it's what you can do you for your country.
    Favorite Color
    GREEN!
    Favorite Movie

This guy should have stayed in Harold Overstreet made 1st Sgt in 13 years and became the 12th Sgt Major of the Marine Corps. He was my company 1st Sgt back in the early 80's and I can't imagine seeing another Marine of his caliber. He was super squared away. S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by acg8276 View Post
    Hometown NYC but MCRD San Diego grad....along with the other stuff, I'm thinking what your thinking
    I'm not going to defend that guy because I don't know him and 14 yrs is a pretty quick 1stSgt, but not everybody that lived east of the Mississippi river went to Paris Island.
    I grew up in Michigan and went to San Diego. That being said, NYNY was most likely PI and he's most likely FOS.

Semper Fi

Updated:

Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.
    ~ Ronald Reagan

Now I recall the Recon Marines ragged, filthy cammie shirted young men in green paint who move silent like the fog with deadly purpose in their eyes. Swift, Silent, Deadly. I smile.
    ~ GYSGT Correll, USMC, Retired Recon Marine

A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.
    ~ Admiral David D. Porter, USN

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marine: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a secondhand opinion.
    ~ General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
    ~ Ned Dolan

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    ~ Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
    ~ RAdm. Jay R. Stark, USN, 10 November 1995

I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the traditions for generations of warriors past.
    ~ Cpl. Jeff Sornig, USMC; in Navy Times, November 1994

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth, and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
    ~ Father Kevin Keaney, 1st Marine Division Chaplain, Korean War

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
    ~ Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC

By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue.
    ~ Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, U.S. Navy

Women Marines don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
    ~ Lt. Gen. Thomas Holcomb, USMC

The Marine Corps has just been called by the New York Times, "The elite of this country." I think it is the elite of the world.
    ~ Admiral William Halsey, U.S. Navy

I am convinced that there is no smarter, handier, or more adaptable body of troops in the world.
    ~ Sir Winston Churchill

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
    ~ General John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.
    ~ General A. M. Gray, USMC

HOW TRUE THAT IS,LIKE SAID BEFORE AND SAY IT AGAIN IT WAS AN HONOR AND PRIVELEDGE TO HAVE SERVED WITH YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTERs FOR 5 PLUS YEARS

SEMPER FI AND GOD BLESS

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

I love this, its amazing how he was able to get it right. Once a Marine Always a Marine no matter what.

Very well put, I love our Marines, and it's true when they say Once a Marine always a Marine, you have every right to be proud, God Bless you, and Simper Fi., I have two Grandsons who are Marines, but they are out now and they still carry that pride with them, their stance the way they conduct themselves are amazing, They are still Marines in heart and spirit. Love them.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    What ? no profile ???

Thread Information