Marine Arrogance - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce59 View Post
    My name is Eagle Globe and Anchor, sometimes known as the E.G.A. I am
    found in every state, city ,town or village in the country. I am found on some ring fingers and engraved on forearms in ink, I can be found on the front doors of homes and on the front yard flag poles just under the Stars and Stripes. I appear on cars and trucks, in back windows and bumpers,
    trunk lids and tailgates, front grills and Lic.plates. I am found on book covers and posters, pictures and plaques hanging on walls. My likeness is found on necklaces and key chains tee shirts and jackets and hats, belt buckles and coats. You will find me in lesser known places that Marines know and others don't. Like the base of the flag pole at the Vietnam Memorial Wall, were I shine, because Marines from 8th and I polish me everyday, a new tradition is born. You will also find me on head stones spread across this land. But the place I shine brightest can not be seen, for it is in the hearts of everyman and woman who are known, as Marines.

Bruce Knipp
    ,Semper Fidelis.

Semper Fi My Brothers, As I Said Before The Best Time I Had Was When I Had The Honor And Privilege Of Serving With The Worlds Finest.

God Bless You My Brothers And Sisters.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Cool A little known fact !

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Did he tell you about the 1st CavDiv losing their colors in Korea?
    Who do you think help lift the siege at Khe Sanh , RVN ?

It was 1st Cav . Div . , as my drafted Army brother - in -law was on some of the first hueys to land there , as he must of been a FNG at that time !

Where was the Corps that day ?

Guess someone needs a history lesson here !

Honor, Pride and Concern for Others was drilled into us
    in Marine Corps Boot Camp, and that sticks with us!

We are proud of the other services as well, I had two
    brothers in the Navy. My girlfriend (wife of 65
    years now) had two sisters, one of their husbands was
    in the Navy, the other in the Army.

It was my honor and priveledge to serve with the Marines.

Gung Ho,

Ray

Marine Arrogance - All my life I've been told that I came on too strong to people. I always replied that if they thought I was too strong then they ought to meet a half dozen of my good friends (my squad). If I was too strong why did my good friends call me the easy going one? I guess it's all in our comparators, if you come from a world where no one stands out anyone that does would be arrogant.

Besides, can anyone imagine Marine Corps Infantry all being meek and mild, a bunch of wallflowers saying things like "can't we all just get along."

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Besides, can anyone imagine Marine Corps Infantry all being meek and mild, a bunch of wallflowers saying things like "can't we all just get along."
    No, cannot. Hope not - ever!

I love it! Thanks for the post!!

OoofvckingRaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Who do you think help lift the siege at Khe Sanh , RVN ?

It was 1st Cav . Div . , as my drafted Army brother - in -law was on some of the first hueys to land there , as he must of been a FNG at that time !

Where was the Corps that day ?

Guess someone needs a history lesson here !
    after arguing fruitlessly to be in the bush,guess who put them into khe sahn--that army general. westmoreland

How can I send this OUTSTANDING piece to other former marines ?

I AM arrogant, GI, whatta ya wanna do about it?

Amen. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mikath1 View Post
    How can I send this OUTSTANDING piece to other former marines ?
    Copy and paste it in an email.

Thread Information