EGA Tattoo - Anchors Inboard or So I thought?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question EGA Tattoo - Anchors Inboard or So I thought?

So after 20 Years I plan on honoring the corps, my service and my fellow Marine Corps brothers by finally adding my own personalized EGA tattoo. Maybe some of the old SALTS could tell me why I see so many EGA tattoos placed on arms with the anchor not facing inboard?

It's been a long time but I was taught "Anchors Inboard" or so I thought? So can someone explain this to me, I must be missing something or there are hundreds of Marines with Tattoos facing the wrong direction.

If the EGA is on the Right arm what direction should the EGA be facing?

Anchor forward i.e. Inboard?

Anchor towards the back? If so why?

I'm not sure if there is a proper protocol for a single anchor.. unless you wanted to take your cue from the cover insignia?

As for the "anchors inboard" advice, that's how you determine proper direction on the Alpha blouse (blue or service) collar insignia. Those opposing collar anchors should be oriented inboard toward each other.

Quote Originally Posted by tsage View Post
    So after 20 Years I plan on honoring the corps, my service and my fellow Marine Corps brothers by finally adding my own personalized EGA tattoo. Maybe some of the old SALTS could tell me why I see so many EGA tattoos placed on arms with the anchor not facing inboard?

It's been a long time but I was taught "Anchors Inboard" or so I thought? So can someone explain this to me, I must be missing something or there are hundreds of Marines with Tattoos facing the wrong direction.

If the EGA is on the Right arm what direction should the EGA be facing?

Anchor forward i.e. Inboard?

Anchor towards the back? If so why?
    tsage....The Lt is correct.The EGA on the cover is the way to go...BTW...You need to fill out your profile.

Talk to an old GunnySgt (works in the Pentagon). He says it faces inboard if it is not within the Marine Corps Seal. The emblem on the cover faces to the left (as you look at it) because it is directly over the center of the body. I just got mine on my right forearm and I faced it inboard. I'm not a sheep.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was too drunk to remember, I'll hafta go look.

Never mind.

I don't know. I have an EGA on my left pec (or man-boob now), right over my heart. The anchor is facing outboard. I was a wee drunk at the time....I hope ya'll don't find out I am out of regs....I like my EGA over my heart, where it belongs!

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    I don't know. I have an EGA on my left pec (or man-boob now), right over my heart. The anchor is facing outboard. I was a wee drunk at the time....I hope ya'll don't find out I am out of regs....I like my EGA over my heart, where it belongs!
    Your a turd, and out of regs 50 mountian climbers, ready begin.

I want to see some pics of people with the anchors backwards.

Credits
    Savings
    Are you certian you want those Pic's ?

This is what happens when Marines drink and get tattoos. One Marine had an EGA tattoo on his shoulder, anchor and eagle facing outboard and he said "He's watching my back!"

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Your a turd, and out of regs 50 mountian climbers, ready begin.
    What can I say. You just can't fix nasty!

My anchor isn't backwards, but it is an interesting topic.

Always inboard...I always learned always on the left arm as well

Same here,
    Always left and inboard.
    Got mine on the left shoulder the day after I graduated boot.
    Oct. 10, 86.
    My Mother picked it out actually.
    Mom is the bomb.
    Got it in a side street shop in S.D. just off of Broadway.
    Big biker type dude called C.C.
    He free handed it, no pattern.
    Said,"I done a million of these son, just sit still"
    And I did.
    It is still a bad azz tat BTW

Smitty out.

Thread Information