Marine Arrogance
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Marine Arrogance

Subject: Marine Arrogance

Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas, Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever, Marine Arrogance

A Marine Sergeant wrote this in response to an army guy who posted a comment on a Marine Corps site that he was sick and tired of "Marine Arrogance."

The Sergeant says...

"I think that's what makes Marines special, if only in our own minds, is that elusive Quality of Esprit de Corps. It's the fact that we, as individual Marines, don't feel that we are individual Marines. When we wear our uniform, when we hear our Hymn, when we go into battle, we are going with every other Marine who ever wore the uniform.

Standing behind us are the Marines who fought during the birth of our nation. We're standing with the Marines who fought in WWI and gave birth to the legend of the "Teuful Hunden," or "Devil Dogs." We are standing with the Marines who took Iwo and Tarawa and countless other blood soaked islands throughout the Pacific.

We are standing with the "Frozen Chosin" and our beloved Chesty Puller. We are standing with the Marines who battled at Hue City and Khe Sanh and the muddy rice paddies of South East Asia. We are standing with the Marines who fought in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom and now are fighting in Afghanistan.

Like real brothers, their blood courses through our veins, and when we go into battle, we would rather lay down our loves than be a disappointment to them. We carry on our backs their legacy, their deaths, and their honor. We carry that for the rest of our lives.

The Marine Corps uniform doesn't come off when our active duty is over. We wear it daily in our attitude and our love of Corps and country. We wear it on our tattoos and our bumper stickers. We wear it on our hearts.

It's why, no matter where we are in the world, on November 10th, every Marine celebrates the Marine Corps birthday. It's why we'll never be an army of 1. It's why we never stop being Marines. It's why, for most of us, being a Marine isn't something we were. It's something we are.

It's the most important part of who and what we are. Some say we're arrogant. We say we're proud. We have a right to be proud. We are the United States Marines, the most feared and ferocious group of warriors to walk the face of this earth.

When America's enemies formulate their battle plans, they plan on going around Marine units because they know D-mn well that they can't go through them. We are what other branches wish they were.

We are the modern day Spartans. This isn't bragging. It's written in the battle history of our country. When there's a parade and the Marines march by, everyone pays a little more attention. Some say, "arrogance." We call it "pride." It's why, in a crowd of servicemen, you can always spot the Marine. Why are Marines special? I don't know. We just are.

-Semper Fidelis-

Something the army will NEVER understand,OOHRAH,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just reposted this on my Facebook page....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can remember a Green Beret Col,that served with My PaPa at a Family Gathering on His Texas Ranch.Leans over and say's too Me,Jackie Boy;When I was in Tha 'Nam with Your Daddy,I remember when We were Heading back from some Mumbo Jumbo up North and Looking down outta our Huey and Seeing Marines Humping tha Hill's and Jungle,Hunting CHARLIE,He goes You Young Men were The HUMPINGEST Infantry on tha Planet!!! Plus He goes When He was in Tha Korean War with tha 1st.Calvary Div,Tha U.S.Marines saved His Bacon.After Leaving that Ole Cowboy's Ranch,Whom I respected Immensly I WALKED VERY TALL.The Few The Proud The Marines...Semper Fidelis

Did he tell you about the 1st CavDiv losing their colors in Korea?

ALWAYS a MARINE from the day I enlisted till the day I die and then the next duty station heavens gate

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He didn't have too Gunny,I was born on Parachute Silk;and had Heard of it as a Young Boy...But them Commies paid a Very Heavy Price? Maybe that's Why the Ole Col,had so much Respect for Tha United States Marines never heard Him talk Chit about any of it Semper Fi

That gave me goosebumps. Didn't know that was still in my heart!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OUTSTANDING !!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

i was born a Marine ,my uncle was WW2 Marine,my mom was a Marine E-5 Sgt. she use to sing the Marine Hymn to put me to sleep.there was nothing doing i was going to be a Marine. if you want to call us arrogant go ahead,maybe we are but the fact remains we are the best at what we do period why because Chesty said so.Semper Fi to all my Jarhead Brothers & Sisters.

Credits
    Savings
    My name is Eagle Globe and Anchor, sometimes known as the E.G.A. I am
    found in every state, city ,town or village in the country. I am found on some ring fingers and engraved on forearms in ink, I can be found on the front doors of homes and on the front yard flag poles just under the Stars and Stripes. I appear on cars and trucks, in back windows and bumpers,
    trunk lids and tailgates, front grills and Lic.plates. I am found on book covers and posters, pictures and plaques hanging on walls. My likeness is found on necklaces and key chains tee shirts and jackets and hats, belt buckles and coats. You will find me in lesser known places that Marines know and others don't. Like the base of the flag pole at the Vietnam Memorial Wall, were I shine, because Marines from 8th and I polish me everyday, a new tradition is born. You will also find me on head stones spread across this land. But the place I shine brightest can not be seen, for it is in the hearts of everyman and woman who are known, as Marines.

Bruce Knipp

Semper FI!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce59 View Post
    My name is Eagle Globe and Anchor, sometimes known as the E.G.A. I am
    found in every state, city ,town or village in the country. I am found on some ring fingers and engraved on forearms in ink, I can be found on the front doors of homes and on the front yard flag poles just under the Stars and Stripes. I appear on cars and trucks, in back windows and bumpers,
    trunk lids and tailgates, front grills and Lic.plates. I am found on book covers and posters, pictures and plaques hanging on walls. My likeness is found on necklaces and key chains tee shirts and jackets and hats, belt buckles and coats. You will find me in lesser known places that Marines know and others don't. Like the base of the flag pole at the Vietnam Memorial Wall, were I shine, because Marines from 8th and I polish me everyday, a new tradition is born. You will also find me on head stones spread across this land. But the place I shine brightest can not be seen, for it is in the hearts of everyman and woman who are known, as Marines.

Bruce Knipp
    Nice contribution. Thanks, Bruce.

Great post to start this and great comments from my wonderful Marine friends.

The lessons I learned from my active duty days have lasted me all of my life, carried me through days of sleeping under bridges while cold and sick, carried through sleepless nights of studying, and are helping our brothers and sisters in combat right now.

Prayers Marines and Semper Fi,

Tom

Thread Information