Guns and Ammo are the new gold?

View Poll Results: If SHTF, what would you be more concerned with having the most of?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gunz and Ammo

17 58.62%
  • Gold, Silver or other PM

0 0%
  • Food ect.

0 0%
  • Knowledge

9 31.03%
  • All of the above

3 10.34%
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Guns and Ammo are the new gold?

Interesting read. Scary to see how much a box of ammo has risen over the past ten years, along with everything else.

This article makes you think, but I do believe that knowledge is the only real wealth. If something is tangible someone else will try to steal it thus making you a slave to what you own.

But knowing how to do something others don't will get their gold and silver without a fight.

http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-met...ilver_12212011

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Interesting read. Scary to see how much a box of ammo has risen over the past ten years, along with everything else.

This article makes you think, but I do believe that knowledge is the only real wealth. If something is tangible someone else will try to steal it thus making you a slave to what you own.

But knowing how to do something others don't will get their gold and silver without a fight.

http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-met...ilver_12212011
    I think knowledge is very important, but you need to start with guns and ammo. Once you are defensible, then knowledge (intel) is next on the list and the rest will come with appropriate application of intel.

If you have plenty of guns and ammo you can use them to get all the other stuff from the libtard anti-gun azzholes who voted for OTurd.

I'm glad I reload myself, shot over 5000 rounds last year at the range if I had to buy over the counter wouldn't be able to do it and relaoding yourself way better accuracy,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    I'm glad I reload myself, shot over 5000 rounds last year at the range if I had to buy over the counter wouldn't be able to do it and relaoding yourself way better accuracy,Semper Fidelis.

I was speaking to my boss today about starting to do some reloading. He has a setup already, I'm still planning mine out. So, in the meantime, I'll learn how to shave on his beard.

Oh, and for the record -- after much debate, I picked guns and ammo, because I already have the knowledge.

But, without the knowledge all the guns and ammo might not help ya!

Mike, I started about 2 years ago and it does cost money to get into it like anything else, here is what I reload, 38special the wifes pistol,lol, 1911 45,5.56,30-06,7mm Mag,300 Ultra Mag and 50cal, it's a good feeling and very rewarding, I will take this route over any factory ammo all mine is reloaded to Hornady specs, Semper Fidelis.

I look at it like this, if you have the knowledge, you can acquire the rest. But to have just one of the others does not insure you can keep it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Oh, and for the record -- after much debate, I picked guns and ammo, because I already have the knowledge.

But, without the knowledge all the guns and ammo might not help ya!
    I like that

I've got the knowledge, probably more than I need.

If you are thinking of an 'end of the world' type scenario, then knowledge of how to live, and use, 19th century (pre electricity) tools and items is absolutely ESSENTIAL. That includes medical procedures and hygiene.

Guns? Yeah. But I'd suggest stuff in 'common' calibres. Off the wall crap that isn't readily available won't do you much good unless you reload. But even then, the brass eventually wears out, from what I understand.

The other thing is to ensure everyone, from the youngest, to the oldest, is comfortable USING those weapons, including knowing how to field strip as well as shoot. Combat shooting is best but start with the basics.

Lastly, while ammunition is certainly good currency, having some silver and gold is ALWAYS a good idea.

So, I can't answer the poll since I'd vote 'all' LOL.

One thing, never, ever, ever, sell your guns/ammo. If you no longer 'want' something, either trade it up/down for something you DO want, or just stash it. It's paid for, and one day...it'll pay for itself.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Can't Stop A Bullet

Ain't met nobody yet that could Stop A Bullet,they haven't got a Bullet Proof Vest for tha Face yet...I put a 30-06 rnd from My M-1 Garand through one of those Fancy Kevlar ones that SWAT~~~Uses, it was on Loan to Me from My Brother Who is A Fed...Wonder what tha Man in Blue said too Him when He turned it back it With a Nice hole Drilled through it?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Ain't met nobody yet that could Stop A Bullet,they haven't got a Bullet Proof Vest for tha Face yet...I put a 30-06 rnd from My M-1 Garand through one of those Fancy Kevlar ones that SWAT~~~Uses, it was on Loan to Me from My Brother Who is A Fed...Wonder what tha Man in Blue said too Him when He turned it back it With a Nice hole Drilled through it?
    Well, they do make face shields that will stop 9mm rounds. My SWAT team had a couple. Sure, a 9mm hitting the shield would probably ring your bell, but better than the alternative.

It's almost impossible to make body armor that will stop a 30.06 and still be able to move in it. The stuff SWAT teams wear are rated much like military vests. With a strike plate in, it would stop a 7.62x39. It's a calculated risk that the bad guy will not have bigger stuff.

We did have shields that would stop 30.06, but they are heavy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How's about My 50 Cal.Barrett Sgt.Z???

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    How's about My 50 Cal.Barrett Sgt.Z???

I think only an M-1 tank can stop that one.

Thread Information