Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Not "unique"

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Sorry she Mis-understood me.
    Sent her an email, if that doesn't work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guess i do sound "UNIQUE" ???

No, "unique" you are not. Seems many of the experienced/retired Marine's new MOS is to dish out sarcasm's, "boo-hoo's" and to read something between the line's that isn't there. To run those of us who have new Marine's, or potential Marine's out of here, while we're trying to learn, and trying to figure out the how's, what's and why's.

Instead of really reading, some of you sock us in the gut and behave towards us as DI's do recruit's. And, I don't believe that is deserved by any of us who stand with our son's, or daughter's as they work to enter into the Corp's.

Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
    No, "unique" you are not. Seems many of the experienced/retired Marine's new MOS is to dish out sarcasm's, "boo-hoo's" and to read something between the line's that isn't there. To run those of us who have new Marine's, or potential Marine's out of here, while we're trying to learn, and trying to figure out the how's, what's and why's.

Instead of really reading, some of you sock us in the gut and behave towards us as DI's do recruit's. And, I don't believe that is deserved by any of us who stand with our son's, or daughter's as they work to enter into the Corp's.
    I believe this post of yours is a very fine example of the reading between the lines which you have mentioned. I am an "experienced" Marine and I take exception and offense to your post, and I would suggest that you have "Forgotten" your place. You are on a Marine Corps forum. First and formost this is our forum, you are here to learn from us, not the other way around.

I can appreciate your concern if you have a young Marine going through boot camp, or is new in OUR Marine Corps. However, your concerns are nothing compared to actually going through Parris Island or SD. Do not forget, WE have all done that. M14ed was simply attempting to help a concerned mother who took his assistance the wrong way.

Parents, please remember that your son's and daughter's have chosen to become one of US. The Marine Corps is the finest fighting force in the world as a result of many of us "Experience" Marines on this very forum. Many Marines on this forum have actually participated in historic battles and have personally enhanced the reputation of our Corps.

We are here to help each of you, if we seem to be different or Unique, we are.

There is an old saying about us: No better friend, no worse enemy. Least you forget, that is what has been said about these Experienced Marines.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Sorry she Mis-understood me.
    Sent her an email, if that doesn't work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Guess i do sound "UNIQUE" ???

To be honest, I didn't see one thing in your post that could have been taken the wrong way?? I took it that you were trying to tell her that is a chat, that she might like. I was really shocked and surprized when I saw her reply.... But of course you are unique.... You are a Marine!! Which is a great thing!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    To be honest, I didn't see one thing in your post that could have been taken the wrong way?? I took it that you were trying to tell her that is a chat, that she might like. I was really shocked and surprized when I saw her reply.... But of course you are unique.... You are a Marine!! Which is a great thing!!

marinemom32....Don't you think you should hold up on your 'comments' about me until I have left this forum? If you're that concerned, how about letting me know yourself?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by nycpatriot View Post
    marinemom32....Don't you think you should hold up on your 'comments' about me until I have left this forum? If you're that concerned, how about letting me know yourself?
    I don't beleive I was making a comment about you, just stating how I felt about your response to someone who was only trying to help you. That's all pure and simple..nothing more nothing less.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jclarke View Post

I had already apologized to the commenter for taking his own remark the wrong way. I'm new here, and am not familiar with the lingo. All I wanted, as you say, was to learn, and in doing so I can better understand my son's aspirations and achievements. In this way also, I feel closer to him. Like you say, I am not a recruit, and do not appreciate the sideways remarks made by some here following this misunderstanding, but I understand and forgive it. Regardless of where I get my information, my goal is to always stand behind my child.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    I don't beleive I was making a comment about you, just stating how I felt about your response to someone who was only trying to help you. That's all pure and simple..nothing more nothing less.

There is a very fine line between honesty and meanness.

Time to stick a fork in this one. It's done.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by acg8276 View Post
    Time to stick a fork in this one. It's done.
    I totally agree!!! Thanks acg!!

Lets get back on topic, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Lets get back on topic, folks!
    That's right Lisa, some are just too thin skinned,lol,Semper Fidelis.

Yeah At Mct They Are In The Field The Whole Time I Was A Corpsman There From 1990-1992. They Even Had Modern Bathrooms With Showers!!

Semper Fi Mom

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Thread Information