Just enlisted under Aircrew, anything I need to know?
Create Post

Just enlisted under Aircrew, anything I need to know?

I am 17 and I swore in on November 10th.
    I just recently filled out the paperwork to put me on my way for Aircrew after basic. I looked up what I could about it on the Marine Corps website but I still feel as if it hasn't given me a clear understanding of my future job. I am curious as to how long the schooling is, what I will actually be doing and, what to expect. Any help is highly appreciated.
    Thank you

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I bet my life that Softball will chime in and say, "there is nothing basic about boot camp." Nothing against you, just a little humor to pass time. By the way, there is absolutely nothing basic about boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by lamanognr86 View Post
    I bet my life that Softball will chime in and say, "there is nothing basic about boot camp." Nothing against you, just a little humor to pass time. By the way, there is absolutely nothing basic about boot camp.

Well, they beat me to it. If you joined the Army you would be heading to basic training. But, since you enlisted in the USMC, you will be going to bootcamp instead.

Sorry, can't answer your questions about the MOS but hopefully someone who can will stop by soon.

Good luck.

At NAS Pensecola, asked some aircrew guys, they said to PT alot and get good at swimming.

Credits
    Savings
    Don't let an NCO tell you to taxi an F4 and then laugh his a off when the d-- thing
    Starts GAINING speed

Many moons ago in Nam

Basic, you will learn quickly,lol,Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mvalle0926 View Post
    I am 17 and I swore in on November 10th.
    I just recently filled out the paperwork to put me on my way for Aircrew after basic. I looked up what I could about it on the Marine Corps website but I still feel as if it hasn't given me a clear understanding of my future job. I am curious as to how long the schooling is, what I will actually be doing and, what to expect. Any help is highly appreciated.
    Thank you
    BTW Jody is a basic dude that will take care of everything,Semper Fidelis.

You will swim, a lot, you will also spend a lot of time at NAS Pensacola. Best advice for that is: The schoolhouse is not the fleet, don't lose your mind.

Good luck to ya,

LCpl Yonkers

Thread Information