Admin Sep for back?
Create Post

Admin Sep for back?

Hi everyone,
    My boyfriend of mine has had back pains ever since he got injured at 29 palms training for Afghanistan. He didnt go on deployment, this was under a year ago. Since then they gave him meds that didn't help him at all so they sent him to 3 months of physical therapy which also didn't help. The guys at physical therapy sent him to the hospital to be looked at with a MRI and then have done 3 sets of steroids and a temp Nerve block in L4 and L5 of the lower back. They Navy office at his base clinic wouldn't put him on lim du after being on lite duty for more then 90 days and wants to ad sep since the officer can not find anything wrong with his back. The doctor who did the steroids and nerve block says he has bulging discs, invertable discs, and disc degernation disease. His nurse typed it out for the officer and the base clinic but blew him off and put the letter in for the ad sep. He called up the hospital and talked to a Major of the army who wanted to talk to his CO and explain everything. The Major of the army also said what the Navy officer said "Cant find anything wrong" and now his whole chain of command is thinking his faking the back pains. This Navy office thinks he is faking it cause he rides a motorcycle also. He is always in pain, I can tell by the way he walks, how he gets up 2-3 times a night and is sweating and when he gets out of bed, how he needs to sit down every 5mins. This bothers him so much about the ad sep. He has only been in almost 2 years. He's selling his motorcycle just to help him out with this case. If he gets ad sep he'll get nothing to treat his back when hes out. He also says the steroids have made the pains worse. He wants to get a updated MRI also. What can he do?

I would recommend getting an attorney. Start with his base legal services.

Needs a 2nd opinion if present doctors conflict. You said he had an MRI. Did the MRI show the injuries you describe?

Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    I would recommend getting an attorney. Start with his base legal services.

Needs a 2nd opinion if present doctors conflict. You said he had an MRI. Did the MRI show the injuries you describe?
    Can he go to a outside doctor to get this checked out?

Thread Information