Question about Security Forces.
Create Post

Question about Security Forces.

This is my first post here on Leatherneck, but I have been reading the threads for some time.

Of the threads I have searched for and read about Security Forces, this question hasn't been definitively answered for me. After your SF duty is over and you go serve the remaining 2 years, do you have to have an infantry MOS or can you be something else like Military Police(or anything else)? I haven't read about of any of them being any other MOS but I also haven't read anywhere that SF is exclusive for infantry Marines.

P.S. On a different note, I made this account before I enlisted so my status is "Marine Friend" but I went to MEPS last week and am now officially a Poolee so is there some way to change my status? Thank you in advance for your help.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback611 View Post
    This is my first post here on Leatherneck, but I have been reading the threads for some time.

Of the threads I have searched for and read about Security Forces, this question hasn't been definitively answered for me. After your SF duty is over and you go serve the remaining 2 years, do you have to have an infantry MOS or can you be something else like Military Police(or anything else)? I haven't read about of any of them being any other MOS but I also haven't read anywhere that SF is exclusive for infantry Marines.

P.S. On a different note, I made this account before I enlisted so my status is "Marine Friend" but I went to MEPS last week and am now officially a Poolee so is there some way to change my status? Thank you in advance for your help.
    Security Forces is infantry only. When your SF tour is up, you will go to an infantry unit. What you can finagle after that is up to you.

Post your ship date and recruiter information on your profile. Post a notice that you did so here and a mod will change your status.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback611 View Post
    but I also haven't read anywhere that SF is exclusive for infantry Marines.
    Because it is not, well - it is for first term Marines. But for NCO's reenlisting it is not exclusive ti 03's.

For you, you will go there as an 03, that will be your primary MOS. When your time is over in SF -- you will go back to your primary MOS.

Good luck

Thank you for the answers and for clarifying it for me. Also to anyone on here who is a Marine, thank you for your service to our country. Whether in war time or peace time, our country would be nothing without it's military and especially it's finest fighting force, the Marine Corps.

Thread Information