Trying to breathe ... deeply ....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trying to breathe ... deeply ....

Said our Christmas goodbyes yesterday at the airport ... it was great having my son home.

Got a call today from my son and he told me that this morning he was ordered to pack his bags and be ready to go if given the word.

Replacements, he and two others ... if needed ... in the sand.

God Bless our Marines, each and every one of them!

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    That's the life of a Marine... He will do just fine.. that's how they are trained..

And God bless Marine Moms as well. He'll be just fine...you'll see.

Thanks Foxtrotoscar and YLDNDN6. I know that he is more than prepared and I also know how much he wants to go back. I'm just preparing myself for a call that goes "Hey, mom I'm leaving in 15 minutes."

Don't be surprised, though, if you don't get that call.

He may just go and you will learn later.

Hang tough, mom. As others said, he'll be fine.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverproud View Post
    Said our Christmas goodbyes yesterday at the airport ... it was great having my son home.

Got a call today from my son and he told me that this morning he was ordered to pack his bags and be ready to go if given the word.

Replacements, he and two others ... if needed ... in the sand.

God Bless our Marines, each and every one of them!
    I know that must have been a sad time....and I know you don't want that call, but like others have said, this is what they train for...we have to expect it, as much as we don't want to

Thanks Marinemom32 for your thoughts ... I appreciate it.

MOS4429 ... ok ... to be honest I just assumed I would of course get a call. Of course, I should not make that assumption. I guess if he does leave and can't make a call that I would be informed by the FRO? Right? Wrong? Who would be contacting us then?

No, likely as not, no one will contact you then. What will *probably* happen is that your son calls you from someplace 'enroute' to where he is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    No, likely as not, no one will contact you then. What will *probably* happen is that your son calls you from someplace 'enroute' to where he is going.
    Oh! OK. Thanks ... glad I asked ... good to know what I should most likely expect.

Appreciate it!

I HATE TO SOUND RUDE BUT DONT WE PRACTICE OPSEC? because dont foreget the foreignors who uses their computers too especially face book.
    ANYWAY SEMPER FI AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND WATCH OVER YOUR SON, FOREVER PROUD

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    I HATE TO SOUND RUDE BUT DONT WE PRACTICE OPSEC? because dont foreget the foreignors who uses their computers too especially face book.
    ANYWAY SEMPER FI AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND WATCH OVER YOUR SON, FOREVER PROUD

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF
    You're not being rude at all Stephen. If I've stepped over any OPSEC guidelines, please, please remove my post.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    [quote=doc h fmf;829281]I HATE TO SOUND RUDE BUT DONT WE PRACTICE OPSEC? because dont foreget the foreignors who uses their computers too especially face book.

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF[/quote
    OPSEC Rules!! you are so right....my son is in Security Forces...and he told me to not say anything about when, where or how...but sometimes we forget... so please forgive us.... Foreever Proud, please know I am thinking about you and your son...and hoping you find out one way or another..

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    with all due respect to USMC moms and dads, let your child be in the Marines. don't try to join up with him or her, they'll be okay, they are amongst fellow Marines now, not at home. I sure wouldnt want my parents, rest their souls, close to me all the time w hile stationed here and there and training. Let em be Marines, they won't be lost, they'll be back

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The way it worked for me was I made a call a few days before departure. Hell I didn't even know when I was leaving or how I was gonna get there. That was a large troop movement and thus was classified.

A small group of Marines very well may know exactly when and how they are traveling and could give you a call right before they leave.

He'll know it will be soon when he is told to pack his trash and has his liberty secured.

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    with all due respect to USMC moms and dads, let your child be in the Marines. don't try to join up with him or her, they'll be okay, they are amongst fellow Marines now, not at home. I sure wouldnt want my parents, rest their souls, close to me all the time w hile stationed here and there and training. Let em be Marines, they won't be lost, they'll be back
    Joseywales,

I never interfere with my son, I only listen to what he has to say, and because I respect that fact that he is a Marine and doesn't need my advice at all concerning anything he does in the Corps, that is the very reason I come here to ask questions. Our conversation concerning the subject here was sweet and short and I simply said "OK, I love you."

I turned here to simply just share and which later turned to some questions and info which I would not have been aware of.... and I appreciate the info.

It is not and never has been a question of letting my son be a Marine. I have no say, no right, no anything in what he chooses to be. I was not one who felt my son needed to come to me for permission to be a Marine. He did what he did with my blessing and he would have done it anyway without my blessing or any interference.

That being said the reason I post here, rather than a parent's site, is because I do appreciate the blunt and honest information and answers. But I will be equally blunt in letting you know that your talking to the wrong parent here when it comes to the concerns you posted above. I truly appreciate being able to post at Leatherneck. Other than condolences for those who are our Fallen or Injured Heroes or Holiday Greetings, I keep my posts in the Parents/Family section and I do so out of respect because I am not a Marine.

And that being said too ... I know my son will not be lost... but I also know he goes into harms way ... not a cakewalk ... and please don't try to diminish any legitimate concern I would have for his bodily safety...I live in the real world ... not a fantasy.

OK .. my main concern now is if my post is any way crossing OPSEC guidelines and although I did not believe that I was violating any ... you all would know better than me ... so if I have, please remove my post.

Always with respect and admiration and gratitude...

Thread Information