I am joining the Delayed Entry Program for the Corps
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question I am joining the Delayed Entry Program for the Corps

Im thinking about joining the Delayed Entry Program with the Corps. I know this is a HUGE commitment and its gonna be extremely tough. The living conditions are crappy and life in the Corps is tough. My grandpa is a past marine from Viet Nam and he lets me know how life for him was, I half to say he has many scary and sad stories but I still look past that and wanna join and earn the title Marine. I am not looking for an easy way out in the military, i wanna push my self to be the best I can be. I wanna do something for our country, I am willing to die for this country that I love so much. I really wanna earn the title Marine, I have many family members in the Corps and they all say its hell but you will turn into a better man no doubt. I cant say I am the toughest kid around but i do know that I have heart and never give up no matter what. I am in good physical shape and I am really smart in school with high honor roll grades, I wanna be able to put my knowledge and commitment into the Corps. Anyone got any opinions on me joining? Any tips? Any job recommendations? I appreciate it thanks!

As I've already mentioned to you in your original topic on this was to PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move that topic to this forum. Double posting isn't allowed.

Credits
    Savings
    Read the forums, It's all been posted before

Not to burst your moto bubble dude, but getting into the DEP isn't really going to change your life that much, if at all. I DEP'ed in, and for about a year, my life went as normal minus the ocassional PT session. It's great that you want to serve in our big green machine, but make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. Do it because you want to, not because you feel obligated to. Hell, to be totally honest, I only joined because I couldn't find a job. I know that's not the moto thing to say, but it's the honest truth, and you deserve nothing less.

Merry Christmas and Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    I only joined because I couldn't find a job. Merry Christmas and Semper Fidelis
    If all you needed was a job, you could've joined any of the other services. There had to be something that made you decide on the USMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    If all you needed was a job, you could've joined any of the other services. There had to be something that made you decide on the USMC.
    You are right. I figured that if I was gonna go into the service, I wanted to aim high. Wanted to do something that was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelkostek View Post
    Im thinking about joining the Delayed Entry Program with the Corps. Anyone got any opinions on me joining? Any tips? Any job recommendations? I appreciate it thanks!
    1 You don't join DEP with the Corps. You can, however, if you are accepted, enlist into the United States Marine Corps - maybe.

2 Opinion, tips, recommendations? YES. If you are as motivated as you say, do not pass Go. Get up right now and go see your nearest Marine Corps recruiter.

3 Then come back and tell us what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelkostek View Post
    Im thinking about joining the Delayed Entry Program with the Corps. I know this is a HUGE commitment and its gonna be extremely tough. The living conditions are crappy and life in the Corps is tough. My grandpa is a past marine from Viet Nam and he lets me know how life for him was, I half to say he has many scary and sad stories but I still look past that and wanna join and earn the title Marine. I am not looking for an easy way out in the military, i wanna push my self to be the best I can be. I wanna do something for our country, I am willing to die for this country that I love so much. I really wanna earn the title Marine, I have many family members in the Corps and they all say its hell but you will turn into a better man no doubt. I cant say I am the toughest kid around but i do know that I have heart and never give up no matter what. I am in good physical shape and I am really smart in school with high honor roll grades, I wanna be able to put my knowledge and commitment into the Corps. Anyone got any opinions on me joining? Any tips? Any job recommendations? I appreciate it thanks!
    The Vietnam war ended in '75. A lot has changed since then.

My opinion is if you want to join, just shut up and do it. Don't think about it too much...it will just waste your time and energy.

I recommend an aviation job if you qualify (biased because I am an airwinger). Lots of opportunities if you decide to get out.

Thread Information