What would you have done?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

What would you have done?

Just want to share an experience my son and I had while at the mall on 12/27/11 while he was home on leave. We were walking around the mall, and we saw someone walking around in his cammies, we both assumed he was Army, as they do that...when I got closer, I noticed his name tape said US Marines...I nudged my son for him to look.....I have never seen him so mad...He went up to him and baiscally handed him his a$$ and asked what the He** he was doing wearing these around the mall? I couldnt hear everything, but he baically scared this guy to death. Evidently he is not a Marine, but leaving for Boot in a few months, and wanted to take his senior pic in US Marine Cammies. My son told him to get out of the mall while wearing this, take the da** sunglasses off ( he was wearing them backwards) and get a haircut. My son was not wearing anything Marine related, but the guy called him "Sir" at least three times. I don't think this guy ever expected to run into an actaul Marine while at the mall. It took him forever to calm down after this. he said he "obviously has no idea what it means to wear the uniform".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    Just want to share an experience my son and I had while at the mall on 12/27/11 while he was home on leave. We were walking around the mall, and we saw someone walking around in his cammies, we both assumed he was Army, as they do that...when I got closer, I noticed his name tape said US Marines...I nudged my son for him to look.....I have never seen him so mad...He went up to him and baiscally handed him his a$$ and asked what the He** he was doing wearing these around the mall? I couldnt hear everything, but he baically scared this guy to death. Evidently he is not a Marine, but leaving for Boot in a few months, and wanted to take his senior pic in US Marine Cammies. My son told him to get out of the mall while wearing this, take the da** sunglasses off ( he was wearing them backwards) and get a haircut. My son was not wearing anything Marine related, but the guy called him "Sir" at least three times. I don't think this guy ever expected to run into an actaul Marine while at the mall. It took him forever to calm down after this. he said he "obviously has no idea what it means to wear the uniform".
    Good for your son. A real Marine has zero tolerance for a poser. The kid can get his senior pic taken in the faux tux or whatever they pose in at his school.

Credits
    Savings
    Good for him!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Good for your son. A real Marine has zero tolerance for a poser. The kid can get his senior pic taken in the faux tux or whatever they pose in at his school.

I agree with my esteemed colleague and newly minted moderator. You're son did the correct thing. What has always amazed me is how so few people want to pose a member of the Coast Guard, just an observation!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    your right, he had absolutely no tolerence....he almost followed him out to make sure he left.. My son left for boot right after graduation, and he didn't want a graduation photo..He said the only graduation picture he wants is the one of him graduating from the Marines....

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Laughing my ass off.... Situation handled... God I love it...

Semper Fi to your son...

FO...

Respect

Your son has made his way to the elite ranks of the US MARINES. He' got Bravery down pat I will always stand next to him in any siyuation
    Semper Fi Brother

Your son is destined to be a leader. All I can say to the Marines who will be in his squad is..."stand by"!

I would shake your son's hand if I could and would appreciate you telling him that.

Your son is what is known in all of our lifes as a U.S. Marine good for him

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Your son is destined to be a leader. All I can say to the Marines who will be in his squad is..."stand by"!

I would shake your son's hand if I could and would appreciate you telling him that.
    I will defnitely tell him that Tennessee. He couldn't stop talking about it, he was so uspet. He did say that was the first time he has pubicly corrected someone, and he said it felt pretty good! He knew he did the right thing.

I would have done the same thing, if not worse. Good for your son. That is one reason why we are different, because we correct our own and/or expose posers who claim to be. Most service-members from other branches won't go out of their way to make a correction on the spot like that. Marines do.

Credits
    Savings
    SEMPER FI
    Tending to business

Excellent

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I would have done the same thing, if not worse. Good for your son. That is one reason why we are different, because we correct our own and/or expose posers who claim to be. Most service-members from other branches won't go out of their way to make a correction on the spot like that. Marines do.
    I totally agree, that is defnitely what sets the Marines apart. When I picked him up at the airport, we saw so many army guys wearing their cammies, and sunglasses, talking on a cell while walking, chewing gum, drinking while walking...he said it made him sick to his stomach. I knew he did the right thing!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    Your son is what is known in all of our lifes as a U.S. Marine good for him
    Thanks AW...he will be so happy to hear all the positive reponses. He doesn't like for me to talk about him that much, but this is one thing he said that I could talk about.

OUTSTANDING what your son did!!!

Thread Information