Any Reservist Out There?
Create Post

Any Reservist Out There?

I am in the reserves. I live in MD. My unit is in VA. Does anyone know anything about switching units? Im looking to go to school out of state. Have lots of questions if anyone can help? Thanks!

Credits
    Savings
    Have you tried your chain of command ?
    Usually there is someone on deck to help with these admin functions.

I graduated MOS school in Nov. For the past two drills they have told me dont worry about showing up because my clearance paperwork hasnt been started and they are slacking getting the paperwork to me to fill out when they say they will. So I was just trying to find out on my own before I brought it up to them.

Credits
    Savings
    Good initiave
    You will need to go through your unit to get anything approved.

Perhaps you can show up at your unit during the week and get some resolution ?
    Bound to be some full time people on duty.

Hard to understand they let you sit----

You need to do the legwork yourself... I haven't done it but I know a few Marines that have.

Talk to the I&I at both the unit near where you want to go to school to see if they have an open billet for your MOS. Also, you're going to have to be sure that you're more then 50 miles away from your home unit.

The way I've been told it's happened is that you can either switch units completely if both units agree to let you go and pick you up or you can do courtesy drills with the other unit.

Pretty much, its going to be on you to make sure that your unit will allow you to go, the other unit will take you, and to ensure that they both know it

Thread Information