When would I find out my PDS? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Affe,

You are cracking me up, but it's a sad thing. Remember: It isn't your money or her money. Start saying "our money."

Sounds like you are having some rough sailing. Don't worry, though. Things improve over time ...or, perhaps people finally learn to settle into their roles.

Does your wife have family in Illinois? It can be very nice having babysitters you trust nearby (family & in-laws).
    My mother, father, step-mom, and sister live here in town. Her parents just recently moved to Atlanta and her siblings are in the military or are married to someone in the military (all branches too except CG). Which is also what makes this whole situation more stressful that she is acting like this.

But I won't consider it our money until she stops all her unnecessary spending like eating out every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Affe View Post
    But I won't consider it our money until she stops all her unnecessary spending like eating out every day.
    Use to, when we got our bonuses at work, I'd give my wife half. I'd put a big chunk of my half on the mortgage and some on toys (my Harley) while she'd go buying organic groceries and taking her dog up to the vet for "extras".

I'm sure she thinks of my bike as some waste of money, but I *know* the dog is going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Use to, when we got our bonuses at work, I'd give my wife half. I'd put a big chunk of my half on the mortgage and some on toys (my Harley) while she'd go buying organic groceries and taking her dog up to the vet for "extras".

I'm sure she thinks of my bike as some waste of money, but I *know* the dog is going to die.
    Thankfully I wont have to worry about that since she would love me to have a bike.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thankfully I wont have to worry about that since she would love me to have a bike.

Yeah, but remember you won't be making beans as a Private, PFC, or LCpl. You'll be lucky to own a well-used car.

But all of this speculation is moot until you get through boot camp, MCT, and MOS school. Worry about those, and in that order. Tell the wife to live with family, get a job, and start saving money now.

We have our own apt now which BAH will pay for an she has a job.

I can see this one playing out now. PFC checking into his new duty station driving his new mustang GT with payments of $800 a month. Between the car payment and the wife taking the rest of the money you'll do 1 of 2 things check in without a hair cut because you cant afford it or check in with your head shaved. I swear most PFC's drive nicer cars than I do. Or different scenario, your Sgt gets a call in the middle of the night to come rescue you because your wife is chasing you around the yard with a knife.

I personally will go with the latter. I already have an OK car and would never buy a stang anyways. Lol

My wife is nagging me about trying to find housing at our Permanent Duty Station before I am out of MOS school. I told her that I will not know this until I finish the school.

I signed a Comm/Electrician contract and ship 20120117 for SD. Roughly at what point during MOS school do you find out your PDS? At the very end? Week left?

She just really wants to know so she can start looking at base housing or even places to rent around the area. I will also have to worry about flying back home to help her pack and all too.

Thanks for your help.
    Ha I'm 1141 Marine Electrician I head off to MOS school in a couple days...this probably won't help much but I was told I could be stationed stateside, on a MEU, or over in theater. But get through boot camp first earn the title don't worry about something that may not be 100% sure thing.

Thread Information