About drinking and driving....
Create Post

About drinking and driving....

I would like to share an experience with you that has to do with drinking and driving.

As Marines I'm sure we all have taken unnecessary risks at one time or another. I guess now that I'm getting older, I'm getting far more wiser and taking fewer risks.

Last night I went out for dinner with some friends. Well, you know how it goes...you plan on having one drink and one leads to another leads to another and to another.

Turns out we all had way too many. So, knowing full well I was quite under the influence, I decided to do something I've never done before.

Believe it or not, I took a bus home. Yes, a bus. And of course, I arrived home safely and without incident.

You cannot imagine how proud of myself I am.

Especially considering that prior to last night I've never once driven a bus before.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All joking aside and on a more serious note, please be safe.

Obey the lecture you've heard so many times before and probably have given to your own son or daughter, friend or family member. If you drink, do not drive or get in a car with anyone else who has been drinking. Have a designated driver, take a bus, a cab, call a friend or family member, or if you're at someones home, ask to spend the night.

And if you're not drinking, be wary of other drivers who are driving under the influence.

I personally would like to see you all back on Leatherneck next year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year, God Bless you all, and above all else...

Semper Fi!

Merry Christmas Ameriken and have a very Happy New Year.

You have a Merry Christmas Ameriken and see you around on LN.

merry christmas brother.....those bus's are harder to drive than i thought

You drove the white bus. That sucker is really hard to stear.

Good looking out, Brother! Thanks and have a safe and happy one!

cause it wasn't a short white bus

Thread Information