Difficult Christmas?
Create Post

Difficult Christmas?

Often this time of year is difficult for those of us who were deployed during Christmas, and even worse of you were in Combat around this time.Added pressure of large loud crowds,and often sound sudden sounds or people coming up behind you. Then there are all the social graces and being nice to family members you don't particularly care for. The flashbacks, nightmares, sleeplessness, mood swings etc. etc.
    Christmas for most of the world is a joyful time but for the warrior, not so much. Don't feel bad my warrior brothers. Been there done that. For my warrior families. Be aware that we may find much of the celebration to be difficult.

The good news is that over time the memories become so common that they no longer hold the anguish and terror they once held. Over time and with learning some coping skills and often medication, you will be able to operate even in high stress situations with reasonable ease.
    Even better news is to find and nurture your faith. God so loved you that he gave his only Son Jesus to suffer and die so you and I could be forgiven. Now we can begin to accept that forgiveness and forgive ourselves. With self forgiveness, not a total loss of memories, but inner peace, we can begin to live and love and prosper again. Time heals but it does not erase.

Your memories put in proper perspective are an important part of who you are. They can define a strength of Character rarely found in today world if you will let God complete the work he first began in you.

Your courage and character and determination are a rare commodity. Your drive and discipline are also quite rare. God has an amazing plan to use those things you have experienced and suffered to create in you a great leader, encourager, champion.

Now! This moment! right now! Bow your head and meditate on these words.

It is time for you to stop carrying this burden alone. It is time for you to allow God to turn your burdens into blessings. Right now, ask Jesus to take away guilt, fear, hurt and fill you with his forgiveness and Love.

Lord,

We thank you for coming to this world to show us another way, your way to live in an exciting and gifted way. Right now take these brothers and sisters into your loving arms and show them what Christmas is really all about.fill them with your love, grace and power. begin to reveal the great works you have for them.

We bless you oh Lord and praise you

In the name of the most holy one JESUS!

Amen

You express yourself very well, and I enjoy your writing, and the thoughts that are behind your words, very much.

My prayers for your health and happiness, and peace and joy to you,

Semper Fi, Tom

Very well put. God bless the men and women that serve this country. God bless you. Thank you for sharing.

Thread Information