Regulation Haircut
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Regulation Haircut

Hello Marines,
    Just wanted some opinions on this particular style of hair that a few Marines in my unit have been wearing lately, and apparently are allowed to have. Basically there nothing is wrong with the haircut they have but they get a "comb over" line shaved into the side of there heads. Has anyone else seen marines with a this?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes....and technically not authorized. The comb over/part line and having it "shaved" in is eccentric

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    my personal opinion.....

I don't really care, as long as it is faded properly(a zero/bald to whatever length on top up to 3") and looks clean/professional, which this does, I don't lose my head over it

Looks like a real man's haircut to me.

What the hell? A shaved part? Learn to use a comb for cryin' out loud!

My opinion: A part is a part, whether with a comb or shaved in. As long as the part is not over 1/8" wide, it would not bother me. But I am way past that these days.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I like Kegler's post, though, Willie.

Like I said, I am way past that. After being retired now for 41 years they can do whatever suits them and mostly I get a good laugh out of most of the petty stuff that is going on today.

Like we didn't have petty stuff going on back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Like we didn't have petty stuff going on back in the day.
    It was there, but we didn't have the social media to broadcast it to the world. Marines I knew would ***** about it for maybe 5 minutes and then let it go.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Looks like one of those haircuts from the pages of the DADT Policy...

In the world and while I was an MP we wore hight and tight. In the Nam we wore our hair a lot longer and didn't shave at times for a week or two. We didn't have a barber mos back then, only when we got back to An Hoa did we shave and get haircuts.

I just kept my High and tight or bald hair cut never got in trouble and easily kept.

I knew 2 Marines at Lejeune that shaved their heads which led to a hell of an ass chewing by our Gunny and First Shirt,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Did they finally ban the shaved heads thing? It was in the talks during my last tour. Thank goodness they banned that damn horse shoe! That was a sight.

Thread Information